Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progressive shocks

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Wolhar
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Progressive shocks

I have seen these shocks mentioned in several post. All mention better this and better that. Would someone who actually has them tell me Exactly what they provide over stock? I have an 05 883C, I'm a fatboy at 245 lbs, do not ride 2 up and have no issues with the suspension bottoming out, no ground clearance issues (except when pushing the limit on the twisties). Cost of these shocks would help to give me an idea when shopping if I am looking at a good deal or at least fairly priced merchandise. Thanks y'all

Old 12-29-2005, 07:29 PM
Paulie420
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Progressive shocks

I just got Progressive 412s 11.5" Standards. I got them for Xmas, from Sorgy's. (www.sorgys.com) 512-321-1934.

They are a HUGE upgrade man! Like, you know when you hit a pothole or big bump and it feels like yer brother Johnny just kicked you in the rear? Yea... thats almost gone. I mean, on the really big bumps, you feel something... but its NOTHING close to stock.

I coulnd't BELIEVE the change, and I got the cheaper 412 ones. (On sale @ Xmas $179...) I've heard nothing but even better results with the Progressive 440s... but they are double the price too...

I figured get the 412s and if they aren't perfect, ebay them... also, since you are heavier than me, you might get the Heavy Duty springs. Reccommended for over 200lbs. The 440s would probably be best for you if yer gonna do 2up, but the 412s are GREAT for me.

Later, Paulie

P.S. Sorgy is GREAT, and if you call he will help figure out whats best for you. Like, lowering or not... I kept close to stock, you wanna go over or under? He helps with coming up with what will work. Great company tell them I sent ya.

Old 12-30-2005, 12:53 AM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good question ******...I've been wondering the same thing about these Progressive Shocks. Im going to look into them. Seems like when we think we're done with upgrades, we're really not...lol. Always something more we can have...

Thanks for the feedback on these shocks Paulie. Will check out the sight you mentioned...

Old 12-30-2005, 01:54 AM
Wolhar
Banned

I always wondered why they called places that Sold new vehicles of any kind The Dealer. After buying my bike I know why. They have Sold you a habit, and you "just have" to go back, time and time and time again! I'm not bragging here just stating facts, since the purchase of the bike, I have spent $1,800 on upgrades, that is $1,800 after a 10% discount. I made a spread sheet shortly after I got the bike and listed the parts and their numbers and cost of all the things I wanted on the bike. Well I am 2 items from completing the list, I must admit it has been upgraded itself several times, and I need to upgrade it again. It is Font size 10, 1/4 " margins left and right and is 3/4 of one page long! After logging in here today and reading about "Progressive" shocks and hearing rave reviews of them, thanks alot Paulie, LOL, I am even considering spending $200-$400 bucks I'm not sure I "need". LMAO What I want to see and hear is from someone who is "done" with their bike. Completely satisfied with it as it is. Are you out there in Harleyland, do you exist?

Old 12-30-2005, 03:09 AM
Paulie420
Advanced

The one suggestion I would give is... go for the 412s first. I got mine for $180, $200 after delivery because of a Xmas discount... I think they are more like $250 now, but the 440s are like almost double. Hell, maybe Sorgy would still give out the Xmas discount if you did it ASAP. I really like for $200 it is the best upgrade I've done so far. It CHANGES the way your bike feels, lol, I just ordered my Progressive fork springs... another $70 but she'll ride like a Cadillac now...

Good luck guys..

I NEED to get a speadsheet going too man.

Old 12-30-2005, 03:22 AM
1200c
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Progressive shocks are a good investment. As for accessorizing addiction; the sad part is I was 100% satisfied with the bike stock until I opened an accessory catalog. I would have still been satisfied with a stock bike if only that accessory catalog never made it into my life.

Old 12-30-2005, 08:40 AM
Slumpys1200c
Advanced

It does sound like those progressive shocks are pretty good. Maybe i'll have to look into them. As for what 1200c said, well, you are 110% right! Darn accessory catalog! I even have the Kuryakyn catalog and I sometimes drool over that! Enough said.

!!! RIDE SAFE !!!

Keith in wish it was warmer Pa.
05 1200 custom "Lava"

Old 12-30-2005, 10:45 AM
fixerdj
Tourer

D@MN them catalogs! i must admit, i too am an addict (sigh). the only thing better than upgrades is sex, but its a close second. i have the 11" progressives on mine, but dont know what model, the bike came with them. great ride, dont have any clearance problems, and i suspect that i would drag in the twisties if i added anothe 12" of clearance LOL. all in all, great shocks.

Old 12-30-2005, 01:09 PM
AZFlyingDiver
Tourer

Just chimin' in w/ my 0.02...

I got my Progressives from Sorgy's as well (www.sorgys.com). You have to call or e-mail, but you get a response right away and real helpful info. I've since bought other things from them and couldn't be happier with the prices (consistently amongst the lowest, if not the lowest) and the service.

Anyway, I wanted to lower my bike, so I got the 11" 412s along with the fork lowering spring kit. What a difference!! No more harshness in the rear and no more front end dive during stops. I've had them for about a 1000 miles now and don't regret it for a second. I've heard from other riders first-hand that the 440s give even better performance but they're quite a bit pricier and the 412s worked out just fine for me.

IMHO a suspension upgrade belongs next on the list to Stage 1. (Of course, replacing the stock seat also rates high too, lol).

Good luck!

Old 12-31-2005, 02:44 PM
Wolhar
Banned

Thanks y'all. Paulie why did you have to post a website, with cheaper HD parts no less. You trying to get me into the Poorhouse? LMAO

Quick Reply: Progressive shocks