Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nightster Logo & Dedicated section/forum?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 06:27 AM
Whistle Dick
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Nightster Logo & Dedicated section/forum?

When I was serious about getting a new bike I was all over the Nightster when they first came out, only problem was I was in a big rush to get a bike and they were next to impossible to find and I ended up getting a Custom instead. Believe me I still want one I think of all the Sportster models they are the most unique and from what I have seen on here they look even better with the mods people have done and it has given me ideas on what to do when I get one.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:46 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: CMC

ORIGINAL: Mark g

The only people out there that don't think the N is the coolest looking sportster are other sportster owners.

just look at all the guys blacking out their bikes and putting solo seats on.
That's probably a true statement. [sm=biker2.gif]
Sorry.... guys have been doing that a long time on Sportsters...

Think maybe Harley might have got the idea from them???[8D]

Just so you'd know...

Charlie D.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:50 AM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: yazzmi

ORIGINAL: Dango

ORIGINAL: alleymatthew

im sure i read you were lookin for a nightster logo, not a whole seperate page. i guess either i cannot read or everyone else who replied cant read. but here is a nightster logo

[IMG]local://upfiles/40322/418B2B881833419DB93A6F4DDB7131D2.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/44495/A206C0F607F04437BB966226DFB6D439.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/44495/418356ED11F540C0BA153A44FC16E4D5.jpg[/IMG]
Thank u guys for the logos!!! luvly.

I do feel a "grudge", yes, towards the new kid on the block. It's all good though. It's 1 big family - Sportster - with the Nightster being the Daddy! [sm=lol.gif]

I had actually started on designing one myself. Will make sure to post it once it's done.

I still didn't get my bike. Under egistration process. Will post a pic of it once I get it. By the way, my HD agent told me that an V&H set would void my warranty - the engine one at least. I saw a lot of 2008 Nightsters with V&H or other aftermarket exhausts. Is it the same case with the warranty?

I'm not too much of a chrome person - the reason I was pulled towards the "blacked-out" finish of the Nightster. I want to complement the look with black V&H (+ the performance boost of course), but would probably have to wait 2 years to keep the warranty valid.

I guess in the meantime I could wrap the stock exhaust with black insulation tape!

cheers again guys,

[sm=smiley20.gif] [sm=deal.gif] [sm=happybounce.gif] [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Pipes will not void your warranty! Your dealer is full of crap!

Old 12-05-2007, 08:02 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Think the Nightster is a cool looking Bike ... Always been partial to black anyway .. But like my chrome too...

[IMG]local://upfiles/48672/6178D82F62854DBA8F28CF023669148F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: dbleagle

The only people out there that don't think the N is the coolest looking sportster are other sportster owners.

Just so you'd know...

Charlie D.

Ok ,No day in the sun. Charlie said so!LOL

Old 12-05-2007, 09:53 AM
celticgent
Road Master

buhahahahahahaha

what??

perhaps i put more blacked out parts on my already blacked out R because i wanted to make it look like a nightster....

um, no.

perhaps i put more blacked out stuff on my already blacked out R because i wanted to make it look like a 1998 NIGHT TRAIN

nope.

i just like black.

for the record, i think nightsters look cool.
just as i think that the NIGHTrod and the Warrior midNIGHT and the NIGHTtrain that came before it look cool as well.

gimme a break.

it's a cool looking bike.

but it's not exactly a PIONEER. people have been doing stuff like what's on the N for decades. dont' kid yourself.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:09 AM
alleymatthew
Banned

ORIGINAL: yazzmi

ORIGINAL: alleymatthew

im sure i read you were lookin for a nightster logo, not a whole seperate page. i guess either i cannot read or everyone else who replied cant read. but here is a nightster logo

[IMG]local://upfiles/40322/418B2B881833419DB93A6F4DDB7131D2.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/44495/A206C0F607F04437BB966226DFB6D439.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/44495/418356ED11F540C0BA153A44FC16E4D5.jpg[/IMG]
Thank u guys for the logos!!! luvly.

I do feel a "grudge", yes, towards the new kid on the block. It's all good though. It's 1 big family - Sportster - with the Nightster being the Daddy! [sm=lol.gif]

I had actually started on designing one myself. Will make sure to post it once it's done.

I still didn't get my bike. Under egistration process. Will post a pic of it once I get it. By the way, my HD agent told me that an V&H set would void my warranty - the engine one at least. I saw a lot of 2008 Nightsters with V&H or other aftermarket exhausts. Is it the same case with the warranty?

I'm not too much of a chrome person - the reason I was pulled towards the "blacked-out" finish of the Nightster. I want to complement the look with black V&H (+ the performance boost of course), but would probably have to wait 2 years to keep the warranty valid.

I guess in the meantime I could wrap the stock exhaust with black insulation tape!

cheers again guys,

[sm=smiley20.gif] [sm=deal.gif] [sm=happybounce.gif] [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

do you know that for sure? it depends on what dealer you take it to. im pretty sure that any aftermarket mods to what makes the bike go that is not harley upgrades void the warranty! Some dealers may just look over it, but some are ******. somark g i would go with what your dealer tells you. but i would also get the v&h pipes, put them on and save your stock pipes. that way if you ever have any motor problems then put the stock pipes back on and take it in. easy solution!

[IMG]local://upfiles/40322/3280A0447CD243DD915D811EC45D015E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-05-2007, 11:41 AM
twisty571
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

What Charlie saidFunny thing is I was picking up my 89' Sporty from the dealership and saw the 06' on clearance and bought 1 last Feb. and as they were doing my paperwork up for my new bike they rolledthe very first Nighty out on to the show room floor[:@]I almost had them redo my paperwork but had been there all day already preping & paperwork but I sat on it and my Custom fit me better. The mid controls & side ways plate mountare what threw me off but it is 1 sweet lookin' Sporty for sure! Congrat's!

Old 12-05-2007, 01:16 PM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: dbleagle

Just so you'd know...

Charlie D.

Ok ,No day in the sun. Charlie said so!LOL
Don't know what that's suppose to mean... but

If you've been around bikes for more than six months, you'd know what I say is true...

Don't mean to steal anyones thunder... but the orignal statement... well it just aint so....

You can bet you A$$, if I make a reply here and supply information... it's from experience not some made up Bull$hit...

Peace Brother...

Charlie D.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member

[/quote]

do you know that for sure? it depends on what dealer you take it to. im pretty sure that any aftermarket mods to what makes the bike go that is not harley upgrades void the warranty! Some dealers may just look over it, but some are ******. somark g i would go with what your dealer tells you. but i would also get the v&h pipes, put them on and save your stock pipes. that way if you ever have any motor problems then put the stock pipes back on and take it in. easy solution!

[IMG]local://upfiles/40322/3280A0447CD243DD915D811EC45D015E.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

I'd go with what your lawyer tells you. Dealers tell you all kinds of Crap! I actually just went through this with a dealer, they tried everything they could, I got 300 miles on my freshly rebuilt motor and I didn't spend a dime.

Quick Reply: Nightster Logo & Dedicated section/forum?