Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Bikers Irk Me

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 11:17 PM
Dale Franks
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sport Bikers Irk Me

So, I'm riding up to Sylmar on the 210 west today, and I was about 10 miles east of Pasadena. Traffic is moderate, moving at about 80 MPH (welcome to LA). I was in the HOV lane, pretty much by myself.

I look in my rear view mirror, and see a group fo four riders on sport bikes, doing about 90+, splitting lanes, weaving through traffic. One of them slips across the quadruple yellow line into the HOV lane, to pass me in the HOV lane on my right side.

I got out of the HOV lane at the next exit, because theres a car going slowly, so regular traffic is faster.

Just after I did so, the Sport bikers split off. Two of them slowed down to 70 in the numbers 1 & 2 lanes. They did this to block off traffic from the other two in front, who began to pull wheelies down the highway.

For about five minutes, they switched off, taking turns pulling wheelies at 70 MPH in the two left lanes of the freeway.

Then after having thier fun, they sped up to about 90+ again, weaving through traffic, switching lanes, and basically making nuisances of themselves.

There's never a CHP around when you need one.
[/align]

Old 11-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Sport Bikers Irk Me

SPortbike riders **** off eveyone, they are spoiled rotten red-headed step children of the biker community.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 11-22-2007, 11:32 PM
Batley
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They always feel like they have something to prove. My wife and I were riding last summer on a back road near a lake. As I come up to three sport bikes coming toward me they had to show off by pulling a wheelie. I am not saying there all like that, but many of them feel the need to show something.

Old 11-22-2007, 11:34 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

There are idiots riding all types of motorcycles..

Seems like it is dependent more on the person riding the bike, and not the type of bike itself.

But it's true that many sport bike riders like to 'ride it like you stole it', the same as many of us, but they are on lightweight high powered machines that can get away from them (control wise) very quickly.

Old 11-22-2007, 11:39 PM
rmodel65
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Yellotang

SPortbike riders **** off eveyone, they are spoiled rotten red-headed step children of the biker community.
[align=left] [/align]

hey hey hey now im read headed

Old 11-22-2007, 11:41 PM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And yet they have more TV shows then us. Depicting this very behavior

Old 11-23-2007, 01:06 AM
SteveInCA
Cruiser

This is my first Harley. I rode sport bikes for about twelve years prior. I can honestly say that this is the very reason i decided to sell the Aprilia and CBR and buy my Sportster. I want nothing to do with or be associated with these douche bags. I got into riding for the spirit and passion of it. There's nothing like carving up a canyon on a sport bike. But the last five years got to be a bit too cheeseball and lame for me. Meaning i'd constantly see sport riders wheelie, standing on their seats, just dumb *** "LOOK AT ME!!" type ****.

They can have it. I'm only 30, but these "new breed" of sport bike riders are the biggest chodes i've ever ridden with or ridden by. F' em and their constant need for attention. Sport bike riders may look bad *** going fast, but we look more bad *** going slow.

Old 11-23-2007, 01:44 AM
Dorkman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

At some point the road will catch up to these fools. Just needs to happen once.

Old 11-23-2007, 03:07 AM
Motosurf
Cruiser

What's with the glue-on helmet mohawks?[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

06 Street Bob

Old 11-23-2007, 03:27 AM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Mark g

And yet they have more TV shows then us. Depicting this very behavior
While I don't condon this kind of riding and see way too much of it here in Florida, wasn't there just a thread about stop light racing on the Sportster and how much fun that is? A lot of folks find that just as annoying.

Quick Reply: Sport Bikers Irk Me