Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Bikers Irk Me

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 05:41 PM
brian falcone
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sport Bikers Irk Me

same crap up here, they need to say and show how much faster their rocket is, theres a few places were bikes are banned now because these kids had to pull wheelies and stoppies down the street, dont get me wrong, i think the stunt aspect is neat but it doesnt belong on the street, and also is that dog wearing kevlar? brian

Old 11-23-2007, 05:57 PM
RATROD HOG
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sleepman 54
That is a real sweet looking ride

Old 11-23-2007, 06:04 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ride sportbikes, I like to go fast, but have never done a wheelie and never split lanes.

As stated above the are azz hats in every type of biker community.

Old 11-23-2007, 06:12 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: davidc

There are A holes who ride all kinds of bikes even Harleys. One of the last rides I took a few weeks ago with a couple of friends, we were riding along 45-55 mph on a senic road enjoying the fall foliage, and I saw in my rear view mirror a group of bikes closing in on us fast, it was a group of 5 Harleys as we are going through a fairly sharp left turn 4 of them cross the double yellow line and pass us the last one passes us on the right on the shoulder kicking up dust and sand as he goes by only a couple of feet from the guard rail. They stopped at a bar a few miles latter we gave them a 1 finger salute as we went by.
Very true, and I'd venture to say that if Harley's had the same performance potential as some of the Super Sport Bikes (same power to weight ratio) you would see a bunch of idiots out there on Harley's pulling the same stuff,flying in and out of traffic, trying to impress the 'babes' with wheelies, etc...

Like I said before, there are idiots riding all types of bikes, and it's not limited to any specific make of bike...

Old 11-23-2007, 07:01 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RATROD HOG

Sleepman 54
That is a real sweet looking ride
Thanks, I've been putting it through several different changes and just about have it where I like it. Saving up right now for the 200 rear tire kit.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:26 PM
Danula
Novice

just matter of factly...

the majority of gen Y sportbike riders ride that way because they feel like they have something to prove. No two ways about it.

[8D]

Old 11-23-2007, 08:15 PM
SteveInCA
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: brian falcone

same crap up here, they need to say and show how much faster their rocket is, theres a few places were bikes are banned now because these kids had to pull wheelies and stoppies down the street, dont get me wrong, i think the stunt aspect is neat but it doesnt belong on the street, and also is that dog wearing kevlar? brian

Yes, Brian. My dog is wearing kevlar.

Old 11-23-2007, 08:48 PM
jwb47
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I promise to try and be an ******* when I ride either bike

Old 11-23-2007, 08:51 PM
ironhorselady
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate to admit that on the mountain twisties they sure look like they're having a helluva lot of fun.

They're not all without manners, but the cocky, rude ones do leave an impression, don't they? [:@] It reminds me of when snowboards came out and you had to learn to share the ski hills with the same young guys that were stupidly overconfident and out of control. One knocked my 5 year old right out of his boots and through the air. [] Just like the snowboarders, though, when you watch one that's experienced and knows what he's doing, it's pretty impressive. [8D]

Old 11-23-2007, 10:50 PM
maloneks
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: txoval

I don't know about you guys but I don't ride my bike to be a bad ***. To me that's why most people buy sportbikes, to look bad andride fast. Niether one appeals to me
Yep, although most people think its the autoban lane and makes me a little nervous when an Audi or Porshe come up behind me while I am at 80 and they ae doing close to 95.

Quick Reply: Sport Bikers Irk Me