Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just took my windshield off

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 04:55 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Just took my windshield off

Well, actually, I was planning on putting on the headlight bracket Shoptroll sent me

https://www.hdforums.com/m_2341221/tm.htm

Old 11-06-2007, 05:09 PM
yomomma22
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont have a windshield and temps when I go home are low 30's most nights. It is cold but I just put on more layers.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:16 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't have a windshield for my new bike and it will probably be a little while beforeI do get one. It's gonna be a cold winter this year riding to work. [&:] No way I'll stop thoughunless it's snowing or sleeting or something like that. I will put on full fingered gloves however.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:36 PM
swervedriver
Advanced

i met a guy at a convenience store that almost apologized to me for having a windshield on his road king, lol.
i wanna try a windshield, i never have.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:45 PM
soliveria
Cruiser

I want to add a windshield but I can't decide what kind. Tinted or untinted, tall or short?

Old 11-06-2007, 08:59 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I didn't have my weenie shield last winter, so I don't know my degree threshold. So far I put mine on just for long high speed rides to help with my elbow.

So far, it's hasn't gone on for cool temps, but I'm sure it will. Coldest I've rode in this year was last night, torrential downpour, electicity out everywhere, 40 degrees. Still no weenie shield. But I would have liked to have that ugly full face helmet at the time!

This morning, 38 degrees, didn't see a need for the weenie shield, but then I wasn't riding far or very fast. I did put on the full face helmet.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:44 AM
Biker Trash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm gonna buy a windshield with an electra glide classicattached to it. That way I'll have the best of both worlds...

Old 11-07-2007, 04:39 AM
Teek
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: soliveria

I want to add a windshield but I can't decide what kind. Tinted or untinted, tall or short?
I have the Compact Quick Detach Low Profile, tinted in "light smoke". I like to see over the windshield and not have the edge in my normal line of sight. I also still like the wind in my face but off my torso. I'd have preferred a clear shield, but HD doesn't make the Low Profile in clear. The light smoke is pleasantly not a problem with my frequent night riding, and I'm also looking above the top edge of the shield. I wear a helmet with face shield in cooler weather to protect the head and face from the ravages of freezing temperatures at 70+ mph. Works fine for me. Others like the full protection of the standard height shield. That way they hunch down slightly and are fully protected from the nasy elements. The HD quick detach shields are good because they can be on and off in a matter of seconds.

I also have some "gayass" engine guard chaps...vinyl covers for the engine guard that serves as "lowers". Haven't tried them in the rain yet, but it seems like it works fairly well in cool weather. It does take someof the wind off the legs and I canfeel more engine heat with them on. Easy on, easy off. right now they are off. Simply not cold enough.

Bottom line it depends on what you want the windshield to do for you. Some riders are about the look, others are about function. The rest are somewhere in between. I'm about function. As long as it works for me, I gives a damn what it looks like. And also beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For me, I like the way my bike looks because I like the way each component WORKS for me.

Teek

[IMG]local://upfiles/32340/FEA46D26A31B49B1962581F168B8E45A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-07-2007, 05:56 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't do windshields... never have... but as I get older... I can't say I never will...

Maybe when I'm 80 and too weak to hold on at higher speeds...[8D]

Charlie D.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:01 AM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: Biker Trash

I'm gonna buy a windshield with an electra glide classicattached to it. That way I'll have the best of both worlds...

[sm=exactly.gif]

Excellent Idea!

Quick Reply: Just took my windshield off