Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Sportster Driver Backrest/Storage Solution..

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 11:22 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Another Sportster Driver Backrest/Storage Solution..

There is another way to get driver lumbar support for your back, and also get some much needed storage...

I have a couple of 16" long by 10" wide leather roll bags that have a sturdy PVC lined interior. These can be positioned to provide a durable lumbar support for your back, by way of 4 Tite-Lock quick disconnect straps. Once the straps are initially set, the roll bag can be removed or installed on the bike in about 10 seconds. There are also extra "D" rings in case you want to attach other items to the bag. A zipper around one end allows instant access to the inner storage area. There is also a handle on the roll bag to carry it around when removed from the bike.

The leather cover is treated, but there is also a waterproof cover in case you are riding for hours in a downpour.

These 'rigid' type leather roll bags are great, especially if you don't like the look of full saddlebags on a bike, and as mentioned, they can be installed or removed instantly. Another good thing is that you don't need to have a sissybar to install one of these roll bags. I've attached a couple pictures of the bag installed on my FatBoy without the sissybar.

Here is a link with more information. I don't know the seller other than the fact that myself and many I know have purchased items from him in the past.

You see various leather covered PVC rigid roll bags for $200+, but he is selling them for $39 plus shipping. Heck of a deal if you ask me.

Anyway, just passing along the information in case anyone might be interested in something at a good price that will provide sturdy lumbar back support and give you storage room. I have mine set so when I lean back in my normal riding position it provides great back support.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-B...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 11-05-2007, 11:47 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Another Sportster Driver Backrest/Storage Solution..

Bag looks good. Mine is similar but not waterproof. I tie it thru the seat strap and thru the mini-rail sissy bar on the back of my 1200 C and it also works great. Because it's not waterproof I put the clothing in a garbage bag inside the fabric bag. So far so good.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:48 AM
MJK
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Man I wish I could see theseEbay is blocked at work!!

Old 11-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Dorkman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Good looking, functional, and a great price.