Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forward controls too short

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 05:10 AM
ironhorselady
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Forward controls too short

ORIGINAL: fkstk181

They make extended controls in I believe 2 or 3 inches, but they are very pricey. Here is a link though, a member fabricated a 5 inch extension and enclosed all the plans. https://www.hdforums.com/m_1856072/tm.htm. I had the same problem but just went with crash bar pegs to stretch out a bit. Good luck.
My nephew did the ones on my bike,although not needingas far forward as you're looking for. He wrote me in an e-mail recently "I made some of the parts myself, like the forward controls I machined up, but I couldn't crome them so I used gun blue". My bike's not even close to flashy, so this works fine for me. Someone else could do the "pretty" part.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:12 AM
Nightster 13
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have tried that but it makes my feet fall asleep

Old 11-06-2007, 10:41 AM
junk runner jr
Intermediate

Ths stock nightster seat is as much to blame as anything. A stighly taller seat hight and a little further back would make a huge difference.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:30 AM
MJStephens
Tourer

ORIGINAL: junk runner jr

Ths stock nightster seat is as much to blame as anything. A stighly taller seat hight and a little further back would make a huge difference.
Yeah but we gotta have the "cool" factor on our Nightsters. Kuryakn makes 2 different types of highway pegs. One will bolt on to the forward controls and one is a bar that bolts to the front of the frame. The bar is adjustable as well. I might be adding one of those products to my bike over the winter.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:11 PM
Flatlander
Road Warrior

There is a member here that does excellent custom work at an even better price. Several members have had him build stuff for them and all have been pleased with the work and price. I have had him spec out making me extended forwards and he said it is doable. He would make extended shifter and brake linkages/rods and a custom mount that your stock pegs will bolt right on to. His user name is Shoptroll, send him a pm. P.S. I am just waiting until after christmas to have him make mine so I don't have any pics or a solid dollar amount, but his initial quote was half what the ones you can get from the catalogs run.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:23 AM
Nightster 13
Tourer

ORIGINAL: MJStephens

Yeah but we gotta have the "cool" factor on our Nightsters. Kuryakn makes 2 different types of highway pegs. One will bolt on to the forward controls and one is a bar that bolts to the front of the frame. The bar is adjustable as well. I might be adding one of those products to my bike over the winter.

Do you have the link to the ones that bolt onto the forward controls, cause I thinki f you have forward controls on the nightster it is impossible to squeeze in the engine guard for hwy pegs. Please post the links to the ones for the forwardc ontrols, thanks

Old 11-13-2007, 12:05 PM
MJStephens
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Nightster 13

ORIGINAL: MJStephens

Do you have the link to the ones that bolt onto the forward controls, cause I thinki f you have forward controls on the nightster it is impossible to squeeze in the engine guard for hwy pegs. Please post the links to the ones for the forwardc ontrols, thanks
http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp...ey&ci=3600

or

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp...ey&ci=3596