Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BOTM

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 07:19 PM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts
Default RE: BOTM

Ithink both look great...and the exhaust pipes are all shinny, not blue and rusty lookin.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:21 PM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

This Roadster guy loves your bike great job.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:34 PM
MJK
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Your bike looks good, congrats on the nomination. Don't let the narrow minded ****s on this board get to you. I have seen his comments in other threads................

Old 11-01-2007, 08:00 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: cHarley

ORIGINAL: jmcollison

I think I'll be spending more time on the Softail and Touring forums. As much $hit as I took for riding a Sporty those years, you'd think we would all band together and share our passions for our bikes and riding.
That's a shame. Somehow the Sportster forum section always seems to attract a few narrow minded "know it all" individuals. Don't give up the ship, there are a lot of good people here.
Yeah, stick around here for a while. We do seem to attract a lot of narrow minded "know it all's" They come in make 600 posts, most of them TOTALLY off base, in a month.Then they either discover their stupidity, or just go away once everyone here begins to ignore them.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:30 PM
jc_denton
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you all very much for the excellent reactionsin this thread. The reason I joined these forums was to study the general Harley-Davidson rider's psyche. I am a 19-year-old college student majoring in Psychology. I have aproject due at the end of the semester, and I decided this would be an interesting topic toresearch. You have all provided me with exceptional examples of the universal HD psyche. I am focusing my research on the different levels that HD owners relate to their motorcycles. Some emphasize functon over form while others chooseto take an art-oriented approach. Now that I have collected enough information, I will beleaving the HD Forums. Once again, I thank you all. I apologize if I've offended anyone in this particular thread, but I assure you it was necessary.

Online forums are typically being closely observed for academic research among other reasons:
http://www.tamingthebeast.net/articles/watched2.htm

Old 11-01-2007, 09:39 PM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

ORIGINAL: jc_denton

Thank you all very much for the excellent reactionsin this thread. The reason I joined these forums was to study the general Harley-Davidson rider's psyche. I am a 19-year-old college student majoring in Psychology. I have aproject due at the end of the semester, and I decided this would be an interesting topic toresearch. You have all provided me with exceptional examples of the universal HD psyche. I am focusing my research on the different levels that HD owners relate to their motorcycles. Some emphasize functon over form while others chooseto take an art-oriented approach. Now that I have collected enough information, I will beleaving the HD Forums. Once again, I thank you all. I apologize if I've offended anyone in this particular thread, but I assure you it was necessary.

Online forums are typically being closely observed for academic research among other reasons:
http://www.tamingthebeast.net/articles/watched2.htm
As a matter of fact I have been doing research on YOU, and thank you very much, the information I have compiled has been turned over to the UFULOFSHT institute for consideration.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:40 PM
HDHornet
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hee, hee

Old 11-01-2007, 09:43 PM
jmcollison
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh Brother

Old 11-01-2007, 10:33 PM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

[sm=dontgetit.gif]
I nominate one of your guys for BOTM and half of you guys
have nothing better to do than to criticize his bike. And another
guy trying to psychoanalize the situation. Damn, I don't know
what to say John. Except that I'm still trying to get that sweet Sportster of yours in the contest anyways.[sm=signs003.gif]

Old 11-01-2007, 10:37 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Lovely Sportster, sweet color!

Quick Reply: BOTM