Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Local H.O.G. Chapters

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 05:56 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Local H.O.G. Chapters

ORIGINAL: StargazerXT12

Both shops have nice people and good prices, but the main shop just seems to be a bit more on the ball.
That's interesting. This is a bit off topic, but I take my bike 80 miles out to a small dealership for service. They generally take very good care of me. They are owned by the oldest dealer in TN, which is only about 7 miles from me. That place has the most horrible customer service, in their service department, than any business I've ever seen. Not just motorcycle businesses, ANY business.

So, I have the opposite experience. The big shop is, well, it's so bad, I think I'd take Sporty to ametric dealer and see if they would help me before I'd go back in there. And the smaller shop is great. Same ownership...totally different service.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:28 PM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Local Hog Group No.
I lost the patch they gave me the one that fitsover my eye.
I am a national member.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:24 PM
ridrkg
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am the director of our local HOG chapter. You can join any HOG chapter as long as you are a national HOG member.Doesn't matter whereyou bought your bike. You can join as many chapters as you wish. I belong to two myself. Different chapters have different focuses. We ride a lot. We have multi-day trips about once a month during the riding season. Plus, day rides, Wed. night dessert rides, and rides after the chapter meeting. We don't do the bar to bar scene. No alcohol till the bikes are parked for the day. Some other chapters ride very little, or allow drinking while on group rides. All depends on what you are looking for. Most of my closest friends are people I know from the chapter. Talk to officers from some local chapters and see how they operate. Find one that sounds good and join up. The worst that can happen is you spend a few bucks. The good that can happen is that you will have a great time and meet lots of fun people who share your Harley passion. see ya Ken

Old 11-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Tegne
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been impressed with the Singapore chapter. Good support from the official HD dealership here. HOG group are well organised, enthusiastic and respected. Lots of rides - weekly official ride for everyone on a Thursday evening after work, unofficial one for the guys on a Sunday morning over to Malaysia for breakfast. Monthly rides, charity rides and some long 4 or 5 day rides at least three or four times a year. One of the biggest events is the Singapore and Kuala Lumpur 'Rock-to-Rock'. Hard Rock Cafe's in both cities visited over a weekend of boozing and riding. Good discounts at the store on clothing and parts if you are a member too ...

I guess that as Singapore is such a small place and there's only the one dealer, if we don't make the most of our hobby this way, you may as well just buy a metric.