Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Local H.O.G. Chapters

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 11:20 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Local H.O.G. Chapters

Why is it local harley dealers suck anymore? 20 years ago...any dealer you would walk into to would bend over backwards for you...especially if you lived close. Seems now adays, Harley doesn't care who owns a franchise. It didn't use to be this way gents.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:29 AM
fred0k
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't buy my bike new from a dealer.Although it only had 126 miles on it.So what is H.O.G. I keep hearing about it.When I ask at the local dealer.He ask who my salesman was.When I told him I didn't buy it new from here...He said.,Oh,well then just check it out on the internet.Is this something I need to check into??

Old 11-01-2007, 12:52 AM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm sorry for all of you that live near bad dealers and have bad HOG chapters. It seems that's the standard for most HDF members...or maybe it is only those people that talk about it. The people who have good dealers and HOG chapters do not have to dedicate time to complaining about their plight and spend more time riding. Jokingly I say sucks to be you!!! On a serious note I say I really am sorry. I've had to deal with both good and bad, and the Harley owning experience is much better with good dealers and HOG chapters.

I bought two bikes from NC - great dealer. I left before getting too involved with the HOG chapter there but it seemed to be pretty good.

Third bike I bought from Cotati - a bit North of where I live now. No experience with the HOG chapter there. As far as I could tell the dealer wasn't that impressive. But I have to admit I only went there twice. They sold me the bike I wanted so they get a few points for that.

Wife and I belong to the local HOG chapter out of Salinas. GREAT chapter. The people are awesome. No complaints. The sponsoring dealer wasn't so great when we first arrived in the area. However, the previous owner retired and since the new owners took over it has become a completely different place. So I'd have to say that both the dealer and the HOG chapter are top notch.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:14 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Lucky u.....................

Old 11-01-2007, 05:44 AM
Phil_UK
Cruiser

Hi
I have only had my bike a month but am already a full HOG member here in the UK
I am looking at joining my local chapter as I dont know any other Harley riders here and see it as a way of meeting some new people and as an excuse to have beer!

My local chapter is operated by the oldest european Harley dealerhttp://www.warrs.com/

Old 11-01-2007, 07:14 AM
bigtop1
Road Master

As phil uk says, joining a hog chapter is a great way to meet people and further your riding experiences. Like anything else, a lot will depend on you and your desire to become involved with it, that is, with the people, the events, the meetings, the rules put down, etc. I fully enjoy my chapter regardless of the involvement of the dealership. Thedues paid out is not that much to be able to get a glimpse of what is happening in the chapter. I have a lot of fun with the guys and gals kibitzing on a breakfast run or, at an event (which is usually for a charity of some sort). You'd be surprized at the amount of knowledge you can glean too. Going to a different dealership sponsored HOG chapter is not that unusual. Some chapters focus on different things which may suit you better than another.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:28 AM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: seldont

Well Sportypig I know which one says WE RIDE.. but where did you buy your bike??? West Nashville??
Nah, I couldn't even get a salesperson to talk to me at West Nashville. I bought my bike at Cool Springs.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:06 AM
drosgarage
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My dealer sucks *** also. I thought it was me at first. They really go out of their way to make me feel unwelcome. They got mad at me for ordering junk from the internet. The service guy is all pompous and rude. I was a service writer/manager for Dodge for years, in all the time working there I never encounterd an "attitude" Like I get from these people. WTF??? When I walk in the place they all avert their eyes, like I'm coming in to bitch or something. Of course I'm always friendly as hell due to my Chrysler training. Should I confront them and ask for a job application so I may one day achive their spot on the food chain? I mean really, should I just avoid dealerships altogether? Any of you guys have rude dealers?

Old 11-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Biker Trash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From what I've seen in my area (Milwaukee Metro) the people who work at the Harley dealers seem to be selective as to who they treat well and who gets treated like crap.
I can walk into House of Harley and get treated like Gold yet walk into Hal's and stand seemingly unnoticed for 5-10 minutes at the parts counter. I walk intoMilwaukee harley and it can go either way. Yet Wisconsin harley (who is owned by the same people as Hal's) is the best of all of them.
Now my buddy "Focker" gets the gold treatment at Hal's yet gets ignored or treated like dirt at House of Harley and Milwaukee Harley.So I don't see any ryme or reason to the stealers customer service.
As far as beinga H.O.G. member... No thanks. And I'll leave it at that.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:52 AM
StargazerXT12
Road Warrior

I belong to two...both local, both owned by the same person. I find it interesting that the "Big" shop can get things done in record time, but the "little" shop takes a week or more for everything.

Both shops have nice people and good prices, but the main shop just seems to be a bit more on the ball.

Quick Reply: Local H.O.G. Chapters