Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

windshield cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005 | 03:36 AM
Big Cholla
Road Warrior
Default RE: windshield cleaner

Annie: You remind me of my living near Seattle. We moved there after a couple of years in Alaska straight from Las Vegas. I was riding Trials on a Sherpa T at the time. It seemed to me to be raining everytime that I started to get the bike out for a little ride. I finally figured out that what ever you wanted to recreate at, you better get used to doing it in the rain. I came to find out that Tennis players could purchase tennis ***** with no "nap" on them for playing the in the rain. I knew about LP by that time and was using it on the face shield of my helmet. I even tried it on my riding rain gear. It didn't work so well there. I liked the Seattle area very much, but knew that if I stayed there, I was going to have to switch from motorcycles to sailboats. ............ BC

Old 12-20-2005 | 05:56 PM
wildwill
Elite HDF Member

Plexus - cleans and shines windshields, saddlebags, anything fiberglass or plastic.
Most cycle shops carry it.

Old 12-20-2005 | 06:32 PM
fixerdj
Tourer

yup, good ol lemon pledge! my dad was a rider, and told me about it years ago, never knew so many people used it. great stuff.

Old 08-07-2006 | 02:44 PM
jward
Tourer

Never used Pledge so can't give opinion....Plexus is wonderful stuff...
j

Old 08-08-2006 | 01:26 PM
ionate
Road Captain

This morning before I set out to work, I noticed more bug spackle on my windshield than I cared for. In my haste to get set up for my ride, I used what I THOUGHT was a perfectly clean rag. I put a little water on it and washed off the main part of the windshield.

After riding in the sun later on, I noticed some bad streaks and even what looked like oil marks on my windsheild.

I noticed this post so I went to the kitchen here at work and grabbed lemon polish.

WORKED LIKE A CHARM! Wow - it really shines now and if you look at it from a distance, you can't even tell I have one on.

Yeah, my vote is for the Lemon Pledge as well! I wonder, if there are any furniture polishes to stay away from? Oh well, it seems to have worked. THANKS

Old 08-09-2006 | 02:54 AM
ss377
Road Captain

Don't know about sketch, but I learned something....again.

Old 06-20-2007 | 09:26 AM
vince
Stage I

I would like to know hear from anyone who has used Lemon Pledge ontheir Lexan windshield and after at least a year of riding and leaving the bike sitting in the sun, what damage, if any has been caused by it's use. (My National Cycle Lexan Beaded windshield came with instructions not to leave the bike parked in direct sunlight if I could help it because of possible damage).
thanks,
vince

Old 06-20-2007 | 08:45 PM
eggroll
Road Master

ORIGINAL: vince

I would like to know hear from anyone who has used Lemon Pledge ontheir Lexan windshield and after at least a year of riding and leaving the bike sitting in the sun, what damage, if any has been caused by it's use. (My National Cycle Lexan Beaded windshield came with instructions not to leave the bike parked in direct sunlight if I could help it because of possible damage).
thanks,
vince
I packthe bag my helmet came inwhen I ride, pull it over the windshield when I park it.

Old 06-20-2007 | 09:11 PM
cHarley
Club Member

Not only does Pledge work great on the windshield and help keep the bugs from sticking, it's great on the tins and chrome as a cleaner and wax. Works well for a quick cleanup between major bike cleanings.

Old 06-20-2007 | 10:00 PM
brgtr3
Outstanding HDF Member

So, can you just apply the LP with the bugs on and then wipe off? Or do you need to wet down the windshield first?

Does it have like a carnuba wax or something in it, and if so, wouldn't it leave a waxy build up over time?

What about Rain-X? Does that work on lexan?

Quick Reply: windshield cleaner