Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rally Runner Seat

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 09:12 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rally Runner Seat

Having trouble finding the right seat for my wife's 07 1200L.

We have tried the Sundowner and it pushes her up to close and too high. We tried when she had the mids and now with the forwards.

She doesn't need the Reach seat, as she is tall enough, in fact she would like to have one that sits her back a little more.

Looking thru the book and web site this Rally Runner keeps catching our attention. If anyone knows anything about it, or any other seats, please let me know.

Old 10-21-2007, 01:47 AM
Teek
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Rally Runner Seat

I have the Reach seat and 11" progressive shocks. I can't say the Reach seat lowered me any because I haven't tried the stock seat with the new shocks yet, but I'll say it didn't move MEforward any more, though H-D says it moves the rider a half inch closer. I'm somewhat disappointed in that respect. I can say, however, that after 175 miles today the Reach seat is MUCH more comfy than stock. I like it, and have no regrets getting it.

The Rally Runner was a close second for a replacement seat. I haven't used it, and don't know anyone who has on a Sportster...but the few Softail Rally Runner comments I've seen have been positive. I'm genuinely interested in finding someone who has first-hand experience with the Rally Runner, too.

Teek

Old 10-21-2007, 08:10 AM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Teek

I have the Reach seat and 11" progressive shocks. I can't say the Reach seat lowered me any because I haven't tried the stock seat with the new shocks yet, but I'll say it didn't move MEforward any more, though H-D says it moves the rider a half inch closer. I'm somewhat disappointed in that respect. I can say, however, that after 175 miles today the Reach seat is MUCH more comfy than stock. I like it, and have no regrets getting it.

The Rally Runner was a close second for a replacement seat. I haven't used it, and don't know anyone who has on a Sportster...but the few Softail Rally Runner comments I've seen have been positive. I'm genuinely interested in finding someone who has first-hand experience with the Rally Runner, too.

Teek
Thanks, That is interesting on the Reach seat, as that was a concern, she doesn't need to be closer. I am probably going to go ahead and order the Rally Runner and let her check it out. We have looked at some other brands, as well. Shewants to keep everything HD on her bike.

Old 10-21-2007, 05:41 PM
Teek
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The stock seat seems to be shaped to sit the rider in a "wedge" of sorts...once you are on the seat, that's where you stay. Not any significant moving around room. The Reach DOES allow me to sit up closer if I want to, but sitting against the back of it it doesn't move me forward any. I wish my computer wasn't going haywire or I'd post a pic of it. It seems the Rally Runner is the way to go for you, though. I'm still interested in the results and comfort of it. Be sure to post the initial impressions, and results on a short 50 mile highway ride. No fair stopping during the 50 miles! That will give a good indication if it's ok for her. Keep us updated.

Teek