Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pissed off

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 02:08 PM
grussem
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pissed off

Hey Everyone,

Well I finally got my screamin eagle 2 pipes put on my sporty yesterday, along with the high flow air filter kit. I rode the bike straight home because I had some appointments I had to go to. So later on I get home from my appointments and I go into my garage and I am admiring my new pipes, when something catches my eye, SCRATCHES ON TOP OF THE PIPES! I looked closer and rubbed them with my finger, and sure enough they were scratches. There is a pattern of scratches, as if the mechanic who put them on perhaps laid them on the deck and when he picked them up to put them on they were scratched. The scratches are on top, and they are in a pattern so there is no other way they could have gotten on. I immediately called the shop but it was after hours so I left a message with the general manager. I told them I discovered the scratches and I was not too happy about it but I am sure we can figure out something to do about it. They are not open again till Tuesday though. I am so pissed right now I don't even wanna ride my bike. Does anyone have any advice on what I should tell them when I do talk to them, and what I should ask for to make it right? I mean, I just spent $600 and you don't expect scratches on brand new chrome pipes ya know? I plan on spending a lot more money on my bike too, and it would be great for them to be able to keep my business because it is the local shop, but if they don't make it right, I will ride to a farther away shop to get my stuff done. Any help would be great, thanks.

Old 02-13-2005, 02:38 PM
justonemore
Cruiser
Default RE: pissed off

I'm sure the shop will replace them (hopefully). Try to get them to throw something in for your troubles. A freakin shirt at least, but shoot higher!
It can't hurt

Now go out and ride the sporty anyways!!!!!

Old 02-13-2005, 02:40 PM
justonemore
Cruiser

" Former JARHEAD " ? You know better than that!

Old 02-13-2005, 06:30 PM
Sincecrazy
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I would recommend explaining the situation, and keep your cool. The shop should make right this problem. If the service manager doesnt speak to your liking, as for the general manager. Use the approach that you decided to use their service department for professional service so that an incident like this wouldnt happen, and ask what can they do to make this right. Good luck.

Old 02-13-2005, 07:43 PM
Johnny
Outstanding HDF Member

I agree with Sincecrazy. Keep your cool and follow the chain of command as needed.

For the liitle amount of time that you have enjoyed them, How did they sound?

Old 02-13-2005, 07:53 PM
grussem
6th Gear

Well, for the little time I've had to enjoy them, they sound GREAT and I can even tell a difference in power. It's not sluggish like it was before, it just gets right up and goes. I was polite to them on the phone when I left my message so I am all about keeping my cool. Like I said, they are the local shop and I'd love to give them the rest of my business if they make good, the ONLY problem I have with the service is the scratches on top of the one pipe.

Old 02-14-2005, 12:59 AM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 6 Posts

Lay low and keep your cool. Sincecrazy works in a MC service shop, he's telling you straight. May be that the pipes were damaged during shipping and the mech didn't see it. Give 'em a chance.

Mac

Old 02-14-2005, 01:13 AM
Sincecrazy
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

The only problem with scatched pipes is the dealer has to eat them. Most all pipe manufacturers wont accept pipes onced installed, or ran on a bike. Just a note for future dealings. Always inspect your bike before you leave the dealership, that way should you find something to your disliking you can have the issue addressed then, and definetly have a better case to work in your favor.

Old 02-14-2005, 02:28 AM
Pirate
Road Master

Also always go during daylight hours and allow enough time to really look the bike over. Its tough to overcome the excitement of new goodies, but pretend like your washing or polishing the bike. Thats when we pay most attention, and tend to find most problems.

Old 02-14-2005, 10:44 AM
Lev
Tourer

Or fit the pipes yourself??

Lev

Quick Reply: pissed off