Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nice little bike

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 06:59 PM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Nice little bike

Well. I used to think that too. With the prices going up, you can get a loaded 1200c for the same price as the entry Dyna Superglide.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:01 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I just smile, give a chuckleand walk away.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Dango
Road Captain

I like the remarks about it being a "girl's bike." I've seen plenty of girls break their necks just trying to get a peak at who's riding it!! Long live the sporty.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:08 AM
JC Rider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it happened agin last night. I was at my first local bikers club HOG. Nice meeting and real nice folks, most my age (60). When I was leaving a white haired lady says, you the new guy with the sportster. I beamed and said yes. Shesaid, "That's the bike I started on and then moved up". Moved up ! ??? I smiled and had to keep my mouth shut, can't bad mouth a white hair (lady?). I just walked away. I went out to the parking lot among the rows of road sofas and not a sportster in sight. Last meeting ? maybe.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:19 AM
machpilot
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

funny.....i know a few people here in korea with dynawide glide and a super glide that are looking for sportsters to customize because they like them.....and the ones they did customize dont really look like a sportster....but in general they like them....because they know they are torque monsters....went on a 200 mile trip with them and i had NO problem keeping up....in fact i was taking corners better than them.....do i want a bigger bike?...yes....do i want to get rid of my 1200 custom?....no......real riders dont care what you ride and the ones that do are usualy the ones that just got thier "bigger" bike and was riding a sporty last season....pay no mind....does it really matter as long as your happy?...

Old 10-09-2007, 08:39 AM
mid_life_crisis
Tourer

I ran into the same thing at Myrtle Beach Bike Week last week....had a couple ask me how far I was from Home and I said a lil over 300 miles...they were like WOW you rode that 300 miles here????. Yep I sure did and followed an Ultra Classic also and stayed right on his bumper too....only thing was I caught myself trying to find 6th gear more than a few times.....sounded like I was turning 2 times the rpms as the ultra

wayne

Old 10-09-2007, 08:42 AM
JC Rider
Advanced

I spent two tours in Korea. Camp Page (117th Avn Co) and Uijonbu (spell) D troop 1/4 Cav as a Huey pilot. I was an 11B40 before that.

Be safe over there and thanks for the positive comments. And thanks to all for the support. I done. Out here.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Zimbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a saleslady at the local HD shop ask why I wanted a "girls bike" when i went to buy my sprotster. i asked what she rode, she said a Dana Lowrider. I quickly stated that made the Lowrider a "girls bike" then doesn't it. looked her straight in the eyes when I said it too. Needless to say she lost the sale right there.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:59 AM
Road Head
Road Master

I know several women, whose husbands started them off on Sporters and each one said they hated their sporters. The said it was difficult to ride, because it was too tall. One of the ladies said she laid hers over multilple times and hated the extreme power. She switched to a Dyna Wide Glide, loved it and now she and her husband ride his and hers Road King and Softail. Its about the bike fitting the person, not a bogus catagory.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Biker Trash
Outstanding HDF Member

[sm=deadhorse.gif]

Quick Reply: Nice little bike