Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Victory Motorcycles...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 05:54 PM
Tommo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Victory Motorcycles...

Are they any good?...never seen one in the flesh.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:03 PM
HD7585
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Victory Motorcycles...

I like um, A company that's not afraid to think outsise the box. If i wasn't going to keep my HD forever i'd have one. If they were around in 84 when i bought my HD............I would of test rode a Victory as well [&:]

Old 10-03-2007, 06:14 PM
riverman
Cruiser

I have seen several of them around here but have not ridden one. In fact I do not personally know anyone who has one. they look good and sound good. There were several at Sturgis. there is an old biker dude working as a partsman down at the indy shop that has ridden HD for a long time. He says the Victory is very reliable, has good performance, and on long rides has a much greater comfort level than a softtail. Unless something has changed, Victory isa division of Polaris which makes all the atv's, snowmobiles and so forth. Also, unless something has changed, Victory/Polaris are all built in the US. So, HD is not the only hometown company anymore.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:21 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Test rode a Victory 8 Ball this summer. Very nice - great ride, tons of power. Almost bought a Victory Cruiser, but got the Dyna instead.
Problem is resale, but that may change as the years go on. I'd definitely consider one again if I sold the Dyna.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:29 PM
mountainmistress
Ultimate HDF Member

A friend of mine has the Kingpin, and he loves it. He said that the only thing that he doesn't like about it is that there aren't the accessories that HD has. That and any time he needs to get it serviced, the closest dealer is somewhere over by Kalispel, 3 hours away. They are cool looking bikes though. I was looking at them before I decided to get the mine.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:20 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Victories are sweet bikes. I seriously considered one and they are a great bang for the buck. They do have a few places where they cut corners but so does Harley. Thing I don't like about them is they are not as easy to customize as Harley's in my opinion. Harley's got that great bik fat book with everything under the sun; Victory has a much much smaller version and they just lack that same appeal that Harley has. To me, they are still the "other" company....

Old 10-03-2007, 07:30 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I good friend of mine has a Victory Jackpot. SWeeEEET bike! Looks great, sounds great and runs great. It's very fast. Time will tell about the dependability. And as was mentioned...the resale value is TERRIBLE!! I've seen a few used Victory's very cheap compared to the new price.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:55 PM
MJStephens
Tourer

I know a couple guys with them. One guy has an Arlen Ness edition. He LOVES it. I think friend of mine put it best though....

"Victorys seem to be great bikes and are priced differently. But if I were to get one, the whole time I was riding it I'd just be saying "This still isn't a Harley" It's funny how, what used to be such a rebelious thing to do, turned into a giant group of brand-******. Me included, lol.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:59 PM
mrb302
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That new Vision or whatever it's called is ugly as homemade soap. It looks like someone left a nice new plastic touring bike sitting on top the stove all day and it melted.

Sorry Arlen...

Old 10-03-2007, 07:59 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

While we're talking price and resale, last year I was looking at Victory bikes and the dealer wanted to sell me leftover '05 Vegas w/an optional paint jobfor $12k OTD. This bike had literally nomiles on it and was never titled. I didnt even have to haggle, themanager came right out and said he'd sell it to me at that price if I wanted it. The thingwas, this was 2006 and they still hadbrand new leftover 2004 bikes sitting on the showroom floor. Says something aboutthe Victorybikes. At the time, the MSRP on that bike was a little over $16k. With tax and title, the Victory dealerhad to be taking over $5k off the bike; I've never seen Harley sell bikes so cheaply in my area.

Quick Reply: Victory Motorcycles...