Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Victory Motorcycles...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 08:11 AM
Road_Clam
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: Victory Motorcycles...

ORIGINAL: SportyPig

I good friend of mine has a Victory Jackpot. SWeeEEET bike! Looks great, sounds great and runs great. It's very fast. Time will tell about the dependability. And as was mentioned...the resale value is TERRIBLE!! I've seen a few used Victory's very cheap compared to the new price.
I worked for a Vic dealer from '99 to '05, and demo'ed virtually every model, bottom line VERY impressive motorcycles in all aspects. The Jackpot would be my ideal ride even over a HD, except I like to customize, and the Vics at this time are extremely limited as far as aftermarket support.....

Old 10-04-2007, 08:57 AM
MJK
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

The local indy shop near me sells them as well as customs. I know a few guys with them, they like them. I think the jury is still out on reliability etc. As has been said resale blows. They do come nicely optioned out of the box. I just don't like the look of the engine looks like something Mattel would make kind of like a Hot Wheels car, the stock pipes are bit ugly too---but most of us change our pipes anyways.
He has a few custom bikes he built with Victory powerplants----For me it just isn't a Harley. If I had a few bikes I'm sure I would own one, but since I only have one bike........I guess I'm a brand snob..........

Old 10-04-2007, 09:17 AM
jc_denton
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: MJStephens

I know a couple guys with them. One guy has an Arlen Ness edition. He LOVES it. I think friend of mine put it best though....

"Victorys seem to be great bikes and are priced differently. But if I were to get one, the whole time I was riding it I'd just be saying "This still isn't a Harley" It's funny how, what used to be such a rebelious thing to do, turned into a giant group of brand-******. Me included, lol.
Haha, exactly. Now it almost seems the rebelious thing to do is NOT buy a Harley-Davidson since everyone else is already doing that.

On topic...
I like the looks of Victory motorcycles with the exception of the Vision, and a few people in my town have them parked from time to time at the local strip mall. I don't know any of them, though.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:21 AM
1200babe
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 3 friends who own Victories and they all love them . The first few years they were really plain jane type bikes and their resale stinks. In recent years they have improved the product and the paint jobs are spectacular with the annual 3 month (late summer usually)option of custom ordering your bike direct from the factory they are offering options to let you make your own custom bike at little or no extra expense. The Arlene Ness factory bikes are exceptionally nice. I love the fit and finish- even the frame welds are smooth and not lumpy looking! My next bike- although I love my HD and will keep her will be a Victory. besides, All bikes lose value after a while and it seems like Harley folks are especially scared of HD models with higher miles- locally if you see an HD with over 35,000miles the price drops a lot- whereas with metric bikes milage much higher than that does not seem to really affect the price as most folks realize Metric bikes go well over 100,000 miles with no motor rebuild issues.I say lets embrace any other american maker- they all deserve thier piece of the pie and I love having choices- be it HD, Indian or Victory.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:32 AM
BluePotato
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Thongs2U

Polaris is known for snowmobiles.... not motorcycles.... probably why Victory resale sucks more than Harley... My neighbor has a Victory with 70K miles which should say something for them...
I agree that your logic works is almost all cases. But, if you look at Honda, they do several things really well: Motorcycles (obviously sub-par to our Harleys, but good none the less), watercraft, and automobiles.

And no, I don't want HD to start making cars and watercraft. Their boats would have so much chrome that they'd sink.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:24 AM
Road_Clam
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: BluePotato

And no, I don't want HD to start making cars and watercraft. Their boats would have so much chrome that they'd sink.
Yea, but imagine how bad-a$$ a Vance & Hines pipedHarley snowmobile would sound ?

The ridinggroups could call themselves the "HO'S" chapters(Harley Owners Snowmobilers)

Old 10-05-2007, 07:54 AM
quig
Tourer

HD used to make snowmobiles. Though I think someone else made them and AMF put the name on them.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:35 AM
Lewd_Dude
Road Master

ORIGINAL: BluePotato

ORIGINAL: Thongs2U

Polaris is known for snowmobiles.... not motorcycles.... probably why Victory resale sucks more than Harley... My neighbor has a Victory with 70K miles which should say something for them...
I agree that your logic works is almost all cases. But, if you look at Honda, they do several things really well: Motorcycles (obviously sub-par to our Harleys, but good none the less), watercraft, and automobiles.

True, but I would be more concerned with the leaks![sm=laughingsmilie.gif]

Old 10-05-2007, 09:48 AM
celticgent
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love the looks of the vegas 8-ball.

haven't ridden any, but they look mean.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Candy Azz
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Victories look plastic and cheap. Some bikes are designed by Arlen Ness which means they look like they were built in the 80's...outdated.

Oooh, there is that one that looks kinda cool, just 'cause it's all black. Black out anything and it looks cool.

Their resale value is crap.

American made? Sure, but that's all they have going for them.

They're great if you want to ride around thinking "I should have spent the extra dough and got what I really wanted, a Harley".

Just go get a Honda. You'll be happier.

Quick Reply: Victory Motorcycles...