Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel-injection vs. carb

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 04:45 PM
aceospades
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel-injection vs. carb

well i posted this before and i feel we are beating a dead horse as well..the way i see it the guys that have efi bike prefer efi and the guys that have carbed bikes prefer carbs..who the hell really gives a rats @$$ anyway!! and for the guy who wants to race for a grand you might want to think twice when you are talkin smack like that--i posted before about how i raced a friend of mines 07 1200c stage 1 against my 05 1200c stage 1 and i smoked him like theres no tommorrow..and he is a well experience rider and doesnt weigh much more than me...he told me he had his bike ***** to the wall and i blew right on past..and that was a planned race from a street light and i even got a bad start but walked right on by when i shifted into 3rd..im not willing to put up a grand but id run you anytime your ready...

Old 09-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe I get on it too much, but my gas milage sucks!!

Old 09-18-2007, 05:13 PM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I still prefer the flux capacitor anyway [8D]

Old 09-18-2007, 05:16 PM
aceospades
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: HighDesertKid

I still prefer the flux capacitor anyway [8D]
yes me too!! i just ordered one. it should be here soon. ill let you know how it works out...lol!!!

Old 09-18-2007, 05:47 PM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior

I can't wait to hear about it! Just be sure to hang on tight when you hit 88mph! lol

Old 09-18-2007, 07:42 PM
aceospades
Road Warrior

i have one more thing id like to say..this is a theory that there never seems to be a good explanation for--heres an example---2 brand new mustang gt's lets say they both have 1,000 miles on them(just to be safe to say they are broken in well) niether one of them have any mods done what soever..one of the cars will be faster than the other and nobody seems to know why..is it just the way they broke in? is it the way the car was assembled? maybe one was put together on a monday and the other was done on a friday..does this make any sense? this is the same thing that happens with motorcycles..i seem to have gotten one that really kicks a$$ i really dont think that fuel injection is gonna add any raw horsepower..i do belive it will make the bike run more efficient..why has nobody with another sportster fuel injected or not been able to beat me in a race so far? am i making any sense here? or am i just rambling? oh well by the way my bike is for sale again..if anyone is interested in it look in the classifieds..thanks for reading my rant..and if you think im nuts please just tell me...lol!!

Old 09-18-2007, 07:42 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

There will always be some riders that want carbs and others that want FI. The good thing for the carbbike ownersis HD has stopped producing carb bikes. Selling used bikes is all about supply and demand and there is no more new supply of HD carb bikes for the used market to compete with. However, the market will continue to be floodedwith FI bikes for years to come.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:40 PM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior

You know Ace... funny you should mention that... Several of the mechanics at my shop told me that I "Have a very strong running Sporty"... I think that you and I might be in the same boat... Maybe there is just some possessed HD assembler that creates an azzkicker every so often... lol... No but I honestly think there may be something to it.... Mechanics believe in it... and they know a hell of a lot more than I do.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member

Didn't mean to offend you guys with the race post. Just kinda trying to relay the confidence in how good my efi bike seems to run.

Guess I'm stupid cause I love usin the power? I also like goin fast[sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=gears.gif]

Old 09-18-2007, 10:00 PM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior

Not stupid at all MG... I also love the way my scoot runs... And I also like to go fast.... These bikes may not do chit on the top end... But I tell you what fellas.. Don't tell me not to drag off the line.... Because I am out there pullin torque and dustin inlineslike a ****!!!! And you should be too! [8D]

Quick Reply: Fuel-injection vs. carb