Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progressive Insurance Jacked my rate

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 05:15 PM
thomasf59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Progressive Insurance Jacked my rate

Thats the best rate I could fine Geico was way up there over $400, it just pisses me off.

I get my rate raised because I asked for different creit card, and I took out a loan 40 yrs ago. Go figure.

I am going to call them M F er's tomorrow and ask them how they can justify the rate increase.

Tom.

Old 09-16-2007, 05:26 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

What do they do with people like me that don't have a 'credit history'?

My rates are very low compared to many figures I read in these threads, so my lack of a credit history doesn't seem to hurt.

I don't know. [8D]

Old 09-16-2007, 06:28 PM
genewnc
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sounds rediculous. But I have progressive and when I got my annual bill I just payed it did not think to check it. UM!!! Think I will dig it out tonight.
Gene

Old 09-16-2007, 06:56 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: ianchris1

Also, insurance companies are allowed to get away with it because it is a blanket rule and believe it or not there are tons of spreadsheets, metrics, and other data that are used to prove that people with lower credit ratings have a higher percentage of accidents, pay late, as well as drive without insurance.
Yeah, spreadsheets can say whatever you need them to say. Back when I worked in the corporate world, I was paid very well to produce financial pictures (fully documented) that stastically proved what the owners of the company wanted them to say.

It's like the old joke.........
Ask a mathematician, “what is the product of 2 + 2”, you will get all kinds of postulates and theories of how mathematically the answer is MOST CERTAINLY 2. Ask the same question to an engineer, you’ll get plenty of proof from mechanical measurements etc that the answer is MOST CERTAINLY 2. Ask an attorney, and you will hear about the laws passed by some drunk politician, and later ratified by a more drunk Judge, that the answer is MOST CERTAINLY 2.

Ask an accountant the same question….he/she will quietly lean over and whisper in your ear…….What do you want the answer to be??!!!!

Old 09-16-2007, 07:15 PM
ko4qc
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Obviously different Ins cos premiums vary from area to area...Progressive wants 3x what I pay for GEICO.....just checked for ***** and giggles as I wouldnt pay $1 a year to those liberal bastards...JMPO...:&gt
http://stoptheaclu.com/archives/2005...ig-aclu-donor/

Old 09-16-2007, 07:24 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: ko4qc

.....just checked for ***** and giggles as I wouldnt pay $1 a year to those liberal bastards...JMPO...:&gt
http://stoptheaclu.com/archives/2005...ig-aclu-donor/
I'm with ya there man about Progressive...but from a past experience, if GEICO was my only option for car/bike insurance. I'd sell all of the cages and the bike, and buy a few horses. I've never been screwed over more by a company than I was by GEICO.

It's a long story that has been posted here before. Given the sorry search ability on this forum, it's doubtful we could find it. And I really dont' feel like typing the whole deal again.

Old 09-17-2007, 04:54 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah... Progressive jack my price this year... about 25 or 30 bucks.... I pay it in full every year...

I don't get it I've got a beacon over 750.... my bike is older and haven't ever made a claim on insurance, no tickets...

I guess their baby needed a new pair of shoes... maybe the whole freakin' family....

What can you do???

Charlie D.

Old 09-17-2007, 06:50 AM
ianchris1
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: SportyPig

ORIGINAL: ianchris1

Also, insurance companies are allowed to get away with it because it is a blanket rule and believe it or not there are tons of spreadsheets, metrics, and other data that are used to prove that people with lower credit ratings have a higher percentage of accidents, pay late, as well as drive without insurance.
Yeah, spreadsheets can say whatever you need them to say. Back when I worked in the corporate world, I was paid very well to produce financial pictures (fully documented) that stastically proved what the owners of the company wanted them to say.

It's like the old joke.........
Ask a mathematician, “what is the product of 2 + 2”, you will get all kinds of postulates and theories of how mathematically the answer is MOST CERTAINLY 2. Ask the same question to an engineer, you’ll get plenty of proof from mechanical measurements etc that the answer is MOST CERTAINLY 2. Ask an attorney, and you will hear about the laws passed by some drunk politician, and later ratified by a more drunk Judge, that the answer is MOST CERTAINLY 2.

Ask an accountant the same question….he/she will quietly lean over and whisper in your ear…….What do you want the answer to be??!!!!

Conspiracy theorist??? I understand what you are saying, but the bottom line is that not every company is out to get their customers. True, they are in it to make money, but the notion that they all make up figures just for profit is ridiculous. I am not speaking specifically to anyone here, but if someone works really hard to ensure good credit and a great banking history, I think they should be rewarded more so than someone who is financially less responsible. Again, this isn't directed at the original post at all, just a general statement. Also, Progressive is one of the best at claims handling. Believe me, if you ever got into a wreck and had to deal with some of the other companies out there, you will understand why Progressive is considered one of the best.

Old 09-17-2007, 07:13 AM
BluePotato
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: anubisss

I did not know that credit history affects motorcycle insurance rates. Why?
Maybe because there's a link between poor credit and poor driving. Insurance companies are allowed to bias their rates on practically everything besides race.

Old 09-17-2007, 07:39 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Never knew that crap about Progressive. I guess we know why our rates went up with Progressive, it was to pay for that donation to the ACLU. [:'(]

SportyPig I have had bad dealings with Geico myself and it sucks I have them again for cycle insurance but they were cheaper so I couldn't resist.[&:]

Quick Reply: Progressive Insurance Jacked my rate