Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new bike

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 08:15 PM
3power
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: new bike

Go for it - sportbikes are better machines anyway, and you won't have to deal with what it is that bothers you here. There's a bunch of grumpy old 'tards on here, we all know that! I'm still trying to adjust to it myself. [:'(]

Old 08-28-2007, 08:19 PM
SportsterCraig
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: wannahdawg

"that's whyyou live in a trailer", exactly what i meant. yet the very next post is it's your money do what you want and i respect that. but for the record i didn't say i was trading my sporty, you need read better. i said it's for sale. i can sell it and buy a honda, for a VERY good price because i know someone at the dealer. but it's not just the forum guys, it's every where i go on my harley. it's not about harley's anymore, it's a damn fashion/money show. OCC this, West Coast that, all over the place. what happened to real motorcycle's that you build yourself just so you can ride, not bashing on somebody else's bike no matter what make it is, just because you're happy that they enjoy the same thing you do, RIDING. does it make me less of a person because i want a rocket?
Who said you were trading the Sporty? You need to read better.
But there is nothing wrong with buying a metric.And there is nothing wrong with building your own bike,which you can do with a harley as well as any other bike.But hey as I said I am not bashing anybody for what they ride.I just cant see trading so much until your sure what you really want.
I also didnt see this quote but maybe it was in somebody elses post "that's whyyou live in a trailer",
Although I did say that could be why you live in a trailer.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:23 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know about being looked down on for financial reasons. But here is what I figure.....money doesn't buy happieness. I got a great family, good friends and am doing what I love....riding! That's all that matters! F&ck the rest!!!!!

Now here I was gonna give you all kinds of chit and you got me being serious....damn it!!!!!

Old 08-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Wolhar
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

where's the popcorn?

Old 08-28-2007, 08:24 PM
scrappy883r
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: wannahdawg

does it make me less of a person because i want a rocket?
No it doesn't. One of my best friends has a Honda VTX 1800 and he lives in a trailer in the Boondocks of Vermont, the rest of my riding buddies are all hard working blue collared people who are not rich but enjoy to ride. To me. it isn't How much you spend or what you ride. but is the fact that you ride. Hope to see you on the road with a smile on your face wannahdawg riding whatever bike you want to. If you find yourself up here in New England riding give me a hollar I will ride with you.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:29 PM
SportsterCraig
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: HeatherC

I know about being looked down on for financial reasons. But here is what I figure.....money doesn't buy happieness. I got a great family, good friends and am doing what I love....riding! That's all that matters! F&ck the rest!!!!!

Now here I was gonna give you all kinds of chit and you got me being serious....damn it!!!!!
Amen!!!! [sm=popcorn.gif]There ya go

Old 08-28-2007, 08:35 PM
04XL1200C
Tourer

I understand what you wrote completely. So why don't you use the sportster driveline and build a ground up personal ride? Forget using the Ness, OCC, West Coast stuff and create your own with your own hands. Sure it takes more time than dropping coin on the dealers counter but you end up with something that no one else can obtain.
For me I don't really care what someone else rides. At least they ride and I will ride with them. As for the attitudes found occasionally on HDForums I mostly ignore it. There are real good people here that I would like to meet, if that was possible, but this is as good as it will get for me.
Just my .02 cents

Old 08-28-2007, 08:40 PM
dano1200R
Cruiser

sounds like you don't know what type of ride you want, let alone hd vs. metric. my advice, for what it's worth, is keep the 1200r and enjoy it till springtime. if you still want to go back to a crotch rocket, maybe you'll be happy after giving some more thought to it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/36160/AC18FD9ADE144409A75F73A1CE3036C4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-28-2007, 08:41 PM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Hope you arehappy... but I doubt you will be until you can just go enjoy the ride without even thinking what other people are typing, saying or thinking.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:47 PM
wannahdawg
Road Captain

well i'm working third shift and i gotta go to work, but i'll think about all you guys have said. but just to let everyone know, that this board ain't what it used to be. i joined this board in iraq sitting on a plank on a gov'y computer wishing i had a harley and still owned a rocket. due to the amount of people that immediately talked tome just because i was riding, i said i'll stay. now i don't see but a few of those people, and we could all joke and argue and cuss and yell at each other and still be friends. but it's changed so much now that it's not fun anymore. it's all oil this oil that, pipes this pipes that, he talked to me in caps lock, yady yady ya. when somebody's opinion isnt' the same as their's then they get all pissed off. but i gotta go to work, i'll be on here tommorow to finish our discussion.

ladies it's been a pleasure,
gents it's been fun,

i'm outtie,

wanna

Quick Reply: new bike