Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cincy Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 03:04 PM
timdvm
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cincy Dealers

Anyone have a recommendation for a dealer in Cincinnati? I am buying my first Sporty, and was looking at H-D Cincinnati in Norwood, and Aces and Eights in Mason. Any stories- good, bad, indifferent? Thanks.
Tim

Old 08-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Lt267
6th Gear
Default RE: Cincy Dealers

I bought mine from Integrity in Columbus very good prices on all models but when I got it home it had a bad ignition module on it [:@] but I do have to say that they helped me out on it and sent me the $150 part for free and offered to put it on at no charge if I wanted to haul the bike back but since I'm from near pittsburgh wasn't really an option . So over all a good experience

Old 08-28-2007, 04:06 PM
harlanrider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought from HD of Cinti last month 07 Sportster Low 1200. They seemed ok to me. When I was looking I went to Aces and Eights and Eastgate HD. All three were very helpful to this newbie (never on street before) The reason I bought where I did was because it was on the floor when I went in and the next day I was picking it up.

Old 08-28-2007, 06:28 PM
Thongs2U
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Aces & Eights at Kings Island was more interested in ordering lunch and answering the phone than selling me a bike. There was a nice Aces & Eights Bobber on the floor, but the Harleys had cob webs. If sales is that good, just imagine how great their service is.

Old 08-29-2007, 07:06 AM
BluePotato
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 3 Posts

I, too, am a new HD buyer in Cincinnasti (but haven't purchased yet). I've visited Aces & Eights just this past weekend and had a different experience than Mr. Thongs. The salesman (Tim Cain) was very kind and didn't talk down to me (I've only owned and ridden small motorcycles while working overseas). Their used prices seemed inflated, but I'm not speaking from years of experience here.

What Sportster model(s) are you looking at buying? Are you considering used or only new at this point?

Old 08-29-2007, 08:03 AM
gmerr2
Cruiser

I've visited H-D of Cincy....they all seemed really nice there for what that's worth. Had a good conversation about the merits and problems of Ford 6.0 diesels with a service tech.....nice folks.

Rev. George.....Chattanooga, Tn

Old 08-29-2007, 08:31 AM
matpat
Novice

I wasn't very impressed with Aces & Eights when I was in the market for a new bike. They seemed to be more interested in what was going on outside the store (Demo Day) than the people in the store looking at bikes. They do have rentals which could be a plus if you haven't made up your mind about which bike you want.

If you don't mind driving 30 to 45 minutes north to the Dayton area you can check out both Buckminn's and F&S. I purchased my Sportster from Buckminn's in Xenia (about 30 min north of Mason on 42) back in May. They have about the same number of bikes as Aces & Eights but seem to be more friendly. Buckminn's parts department and the motor clothes staff are very friendly to my kids, offering them candy and ballons, every time we go in.

F&S is North of Dayton and is much larger then Buckminn's or Aces & Eights and has a much bigger seletion of bikes than Buckminn's. Their service prices seem to be cheaper (probably because they have more volume) but I prefer to do my own service when I can.

Either way good luck with the purchase and feel free to shoot me a PM or E-mail if you want to ride sometime. I can almost always make time to go for a ride.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:48 AM
kymatt
2nd Gear

Doesn't HD of Cincy add on the infamous "set-up" fee? I refuse to pay that when other dealers like F&S in Dayton and HD of Lexington don't charge it. Nice folks at HD of Cincy, but I would look elsewhere for the best price.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:19 AM
BadHabit
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

As far as Buckminns I have two VERY close friends who have had bad experiences with them.....I have yet to hear a bad thing about F&S.....Not to say people haven't had problems though. I just havent' heard of them. Mid-Ohio is about 25 minutes from F&S and Buckminns...Haven't really heard much bad about them execpt the sales weasels sometimes don't seem to want to sell anything..... They have had a TON of turnover in the service department though...If it was me I would try F&S. I live about 25 minutes from all Three.......

Old 08-30-2007, 09:32 AM
scottwilliamson
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I actually live around the corner from F&S, I shopped all the dealers around Dayto, Cincy, Columbus, Buckmans, Mid-Ohio even the one up in Piqua. I found that F&S and Buckmans seem to have the most helpfull staffs. Even though I bought used from a private sale I've had occasion to use Buckmans when I had a problem over in Xenia and the tech stopped what he was working on and had me back out the door in 30 minutes. F&S has been more than helpfull a couple of times, talking me through a repair I did myself and even discounting the parts.