Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04-05 Sportster Rear Turn Signal Removal

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 04:52 PM
FireHead
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04-05 Sportster Rear Turn Signal Removal

I would like to remove the rear turn signals on my 05 Sportster 1200C inorder to clean up the backend some. I notices that for other years of Sportsters that you can guy replacement fender brace covers that cover the holes. Does anyone make them for the 04-05 bikes?[&:]

Old 11-20-2005, 11:50 PM
Wolhar
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: 04-05 Sportster Rear Turn Signal Removal

I haven't seen any in my "looking" for other stuff. If I run across something I'll let you know. better check your state laws or regulations. Here in SC it is illegal to "alter" turn signals from stock. It is also illegal to have them on the front or the rear but not the other.

Old 11-22-2005, 06:17 PM
AZFlyingDiver
Tourer

Bump... cuz I'd like to know, too!
I've seen covers for up to '03, but nuthin for '04-'06 (yet)...

Old 11-27-2005, 11:41 PM
MuddyXL
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: ******

I haven't seen any in my "looking" for other stuff. If I run across something I'll let you know. better check your state laws or regulations. Here in SC it is illegal to "alter" turn signals from stock. It is also illegal to have them on the front or the rear but not the other.
I think it may be illegal in the same sense that it's illegal to modify your exhaust. The odds of finding a cop who knew you modified your turn signals, let alone cared would be astronomical. I saw a nice looking chrome wedge shaped mini turn signals today that would be much less conspicuous but I didn't ask what they fit.

Old 11-28-2005, 12:33 AM
FireHead
Novice

I plan on buying an aftermarket taillight that has the trun signals in it so I think I dcan dodge the legallity bullet. I just can seem to find any thing to cover the OEM turn signal holes to keep it from looking slutty.

On the exhaust subject, I run a set of Vance & Hines Short Shot HS pipes and I have never been bother by the police. Though I have noticed that there are not too many other bike at the dealer with aftermarket exhaust. I live in Irvine, which I would think would be one of the more strict locales for that type of thing. If I get pulled over, I plan on claiming ignorance and telling the police the bike came like that.[&:]

Old 12-18-2005, 03:03 PM
MuddyXL
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: FireHead

I plan on buying an aftermarket taillight that has the trun signals in it so I think I dcan dodge the legallity bullet. I just can seem to find any thing to cover the OEM turn signal holes to keep it from looking slutty.

On the exhaust subject, I run a set of Vance & Hines Short Shot HS pipes and I have never been bother by the police. Though I have noticed that there are not too many other bike at the dealer with aftermarket exhaust. I live in Irvine, which I would think would be one of the more strict locales for that type of thing. If I get pulled over, I plan on claiming ignorance and telling the police the bike came like that.[&:]
I can't stand the turn signals on any Sportster. I can't help it they look more out-of-place than red-headed step-children. I'd like to do the same thing. What about using a chrome washer under a chrome bungee nut where the turn signal used to be? At least until the aftermarket gives us a better solution.