Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for GothMetalGuitarist..

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 08:04 PM
ianchris1
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Question for GothMetalGuitarist..

ORIGINAL: carpetride

whats your opinion of Michael Angelo Batio? I saw himput on a guitar "clinic" for dean guitars at a sam ash a few weeks ago. played about 2 hours including that double neck axe.the guys kinda quirky but can he ever shred!
Not sure if this question was for me or not, but what the heck I will answer! Yeah, I watched some of Michael Angelo's "instructional" video from the 80s. That guy can tear it up on both necks. It is like Yngwie or Paul Gilbert switchhand. Amazing!

Old 08-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Dr.Cool
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave Mustane and Dimebag are better.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member

29 years of been there done that. Retired from the band scene in 2005 but I do walk ons occasionally.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:49 AM
ianchris1
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Dr.Cool

Dave Mustane and Dimebag are better.
Better than what? Mustaine sucks at guitar. Same solo in every song. Megadeth is my favorite band ever, but to say he is better than anyone is a joke. Best rhythm guitarist probably, but lead... awful. I have seen the guy in concert I think5 times now and met him. Horrible live guitarist, not friendly either. Plus he is a hypocritical idiot who lies in every interview. His opinions change more than John Kerry. Marty Friedman though... nice guy and ridiculous guitarist. Dimebag definitely. Awesome all around.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:20 AM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

there are a lot of good guitarists. i think people judge them to much on the type of music they like and not a players pure ability. Batio is fast, clean and effortless. dimebag was good for his genre. pete townsend just plain sucks but he got away with it.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:29 AM
ianchris1
Tourer

ORIGINAL: carpetride

there are a lot of good guitarists. i think people judge them to much on the type of music they like and not a players pure ability. Batio is fast, clean and effortless. dimebag was good for his genre. pete townsend just plain sucks but he got away with it.
I would agree with that. As a guy who listens to everything from Prince, Warren Haynes, Miles Davis,Randy Rhoads, Vince Gill, Parkening, Dimebag, Zakk...I can tell you that I know too many people who sadly limit themselves on what they listen to. Wait, aren't we on a Harley forum???

Old 08-28-2007, 02:21 PM
GothMetalGuitarist
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dr.Cool

ORIGINAL: GothMetalGuitarist
I have seen my share of skin...and I will leave it at that (Because my girlfriend reads these forums too)
OK Goth... Fine... Lets try this... Has any dude ever tossed his underwear at you while you were swing the axe. Anthrax rules.
Uh Yeah, No.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:28 PM
GothMetalGuitarist
Road Warrior

Mustaine-Great songwriter, guitarist not-so-much.
Skolnick-Definitely a great guitarist, I mention Murphy because I think he is underappreciated
Vai-GOD
Satch-GOD
Petrucci-GOD
Rhoads-Okay I should have mentioned that Randy is my favorite guitarist of all times. RIP!!!!
Michael Hedges-Greatest Acoustic guitarist ever. RIP!!!
And the list goes on......

As far as limiting myself... I think not. I have over 4000 CDS in my collection and countless OTHER forms of music in every genre on the planet. From Opera to Operatika! But you are correct, many folks do limit themselves. As a guitar teacher I always teach my students to listen to many forms of music as it will keep them fresh and give them ideas for their own music.

Now lets talk Pitch Axis Theory!!!

Old 08-28-2007, 02:55 PM
GothMetalGuitarist
Road Warrior

Me shreddin the strat at the arena in 06. 26 years in the biz and still going strong. My original band "Haunted By Angels" is back together and I also play for a weekender Country Crossover band called Wendy Owens and Renegade.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15284/AF660B6406F24D1CA3ADDA96C042C082.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-28-2007, 02:56 PM
ianchris1
Tourer

ORIGINAL: GothMetalGuitarist

Mustaine-Great songwriter, guitarist not-so-much.
Skolnick-Definitely a great guitarist, I mention Murphy because I think he is underappreciated
Vai-GOD
Satch-GOD
Petrucci-GOD
Rhoads-Okay I should have mentioned that Randy is my favorite guitarist of all times. RIP!!!!
Michael Hedges-Greatest Acoustic guitarist ever. RIP!!!
And the list goes on......

As far as limiting myself... I think not. I have over 4000 CDS in my collection and countless OTHER forms of music in every genre on the planet. From Opera to Operatika! But you are correct, many folks do limit themselves. As a guitar teacher I always teach my students to listen to many forms of music as it will keep them fresh and give them ideas for their own music.

Now lets talk Pitch Axis Theory!!!
Randy is my favorite as well. Never be another... Vai, great ability but horrible songwriter. Give his ability to Mustaine... perfect! Too much theory clogs the soul from coming through. Case in point... Dream Theater. Berklee grads with no heart. JP runs a bunch of sped up SteveMorse licks. He does have his own style to a degree, but it is all technique and no heart. But if you really want to talk shop, let's go!J/K, I don't want to offend anyone or highjack the thread. Although, maybe that is too late! If you want to, PM me and we can really talk shop. Always up for it.

Quick Reply: Question for GothMetalGuitarist..