Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cracked Oil Filter Mount - Screwed?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2023, 05:28 PM
npn
Cruiser
Received 61 Likes on 36 Posts

Been meaning to provide an update. About 600 miles on it so far, no leaks! I've been enjoying it immensely and looking for an upgrade/addition already! @Jackie Paper Many thanks gents!

Meanwhile, and this will blow your mind... I scored a 1980 Bajaj (Indian Vespa, identical engine, kind of rare in the US) with less than 500 miles on it and the last time it ran was 2008. Small project for rainy days like today, the proceeds from which would go towards my new HD!

Last edited by npn; 07-11-2023 at 06:06 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by npn:
Rusty Springs (07-11-2023), WP50 (07-11-2023)
Old 07-11-2023, 06:37 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,996 Likes on 4,187 Posts

Originally Posted by npn
Been meaning to provide an update. About 600 miles on it so far, no leaks! I've been enjoying it immensely and looking for an upgrade/addition already! @Jackie Paper Many thanks gents!

Meanwhile, and this will blow your mind... I scored a 1980 Bajaj (Indian Vespa, identical engine, kind of rare in the US) with less than 500 miles on it and the last time it ran was 2008. Small project for rainy days like today, the proceeds from which would go towards my new HD!

Too cool. Just don't let that little rascals get you killed. My oldest son got one, a moped and a Kawasaki two stroke for cutting grass

I carried him and his girlfriend to the ER one day riding on a similar one.

It doesn't take much of a bump to go down on one.

Build amazingly well but adult use only.

Last edited by Jackie Paper; 07-11-2023 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-11-2023, 07:36 PM
npn
Cruiser

Lol Have you ever wondered why scooter riders wear helmets?

I've split the engine apart and dealing air pressure test leaks. Supposedly the engine is indestructible or something...

Anyway, you remember I came from a honda cbr crutch rocket before I got a deal on the HD and had all the questions like hard clutch or the weird shake or even the "cough" it makes from time to time?... I tell you I've come to love my Sportster! All of my earlier complaints now I view as, we'll... life, real men deal with life's imperfections and sissy Vespa riders complain about... I don't know, bugs and wind in their face?

Old 07-11-2023, 07:43 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member

It's best with a full face helmet. That way you will have some of your face left when the officer compares your mugshots of your driver's license to it for a toe tag.

Old 07-11-2023, 08:10 PM
npn
Cruiser

I don't know man, you're probably older and wiser than me but does it really matter?

Between early 20s kids of (us) divorced parents who don't want to have anything to do me with me and senile parents, I believe it's time to be selfish and not give a sht if there's a face left on me or not. I'm not stupid or suicidal but seriously, does it really matter?

My good friend hit a car full frontal at about 80 mph, his hand was still holding the handlebar and his boot had part of his foot in it while his body flew like 50ft in the air good 30 years ago so I know how it is... We all die, it's only a matter of how we're remembered. And to, me the most important thing is passion, a passion to the point where other people call it obsession!
​​​

Old 07-11-2023, 08:27 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by npn
I don't know man, you're probably older and wiser than me but does it really matter?

Between early 20s kids of (us) divorced parents who don't want to have anything to do me with me and senile parents, I believe it's time to be selfish and not give a sht if there's a face left on me or not. I'm not stupid or suicidal but seriously, does it really matter?

My good friend hit a car full frontal at about 80 mph, his hand was still holding the handlebar and his boot had part of his foot in it while his body flew like 50ft in the air good 30 years ago so I know how it is... We all die, it's only a matter of how we're remembered. And to, me the most important thing is passion, a passion to the point where other people call it obsession!
​​​
My first was a 250 Zundapp in the 60s. Grew up in a small town in WV. Dirt poor but always had a roof over my head and never went hungry .

I think back and realized I'm lucky to be still here.

Interestingly, I sold that bike for $200. Had just graduated and had secured a job in Newport News Shipbuilding & Dry Dock as a toolmaker from a raving reference from my shop craft instructor.

Took that $200, got a train ticket and made it last till my first paycheck.

I had been there as a First Class Handy Man 3 months when the shop General Forman told me about the apprentice program and they would pay for my college. I was in management in 4 years.

Never looked back on a 46 year career there. My older sister became a decorated plastic surgeon with offices in Washington and Baltimore. Two younger sisters and brother are nurses.

My brother started his nurse career in the service. We are all retired now.

All blessed from were we started from.

Last edited by Jackie Paper; 07-11-2023 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-12-2023, 08:25 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by npn

​​​
No way am I any smarter.. What I say on here is just how I do it.

I 100% fill everyone should make their own choices. What our great country is all about. Of course there is limits on one's choice that it doesn't affect others in harmful way. (like wrecking while speeding and harming someone else)

Why I'm consider liberal. When in fact I am personally very conservative.

You sound like to me you have taken care of your responsibilities and are ready to enjoy life. I was there for a long while. Now I'm too old and not enough energy in the tank to do it.

Grab it while you can Nick. I sure did.