Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Narrowed it down to two Choices

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 09:16 PM
diablo666
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Narrowed it down to two Choices

If you save the insurance money you would spend on the dyna you can buy a new nightster for cash in a year.Add another $400 a month for a year and you can pay cash for a dyna.That would make the insurance a non issue.You wouldn't have a bike payment.I think you are not putting upenough money as a down payment.I put down $5000 on my bike and wish I would have saved until I could pay it all in cash.Financial obligations and income levels can change due to factors no one can control.I say this so you don't get into a bind and lose what you want,a bike.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:20 PM
smag
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: diablo666

If you save the insurance money you would spend on the dyna you can buy a new nightster for cash in a year.Add another $400 a month for a year and you can pay cash for a dyna.That would make the insurance a non issue.You wouldn't have a bike payment.I think you are not putting upenough money as a down payment.I put down $5000 on my bike and wish I would have saved until I could pay it all in cash.Financial obligations and income levels can change due to factors no one can control.I say this so you don't get into a bind and lose what you want,a bike.
You are wise grasshopper! Cash buyers will always get the better deal on everything in life. My advice: save up and pay cash; nothing ticks a salesman off more than spending hours with a customer trying to get him qualified for a loan to buy a bike while cash customers are walking off to other salesmen.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Solitaree1
Road Master

ORIGINAL: EntourageE

Here's the kicker. They won't let me ride em. Reason being that the sales manager says when people buy a new bike they only want a bike withless than 5miles and if they let people test them out they go over the 5 miles and then they don't sell as well. I think that's Bull&%^t, but whatever. He said they let people test ride models in their rental fleet but he has no Street Bobs or Nightsters in the fleet so I'm SOL.
Of the different dealers in central Illinois there is usually at LEAST one that is doing demo rides, ie, go ride the bike of your choice...call around...find a dealer doing demo rides....

Old 08-14-2007, 09:50 PM
twisty571
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

damn that insurance rate is killer,I pay $115 a year for my Shadow (full-cov. with a $250 deduc.) & $180 a year for the Sportster (same deduc. as the Honda)Get what you like more,I think the Nighty is a little high and in a couple more months all the 07's will be clearancedPicked my 06' up in Feb for $1500 less thatn a local dealer was offering in Feb. of 07'[8D]

Old 08-15-2007, 12:03 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: smag

You are wise grasshopper! Cash buyers will always get the better deal on everything in life. My advice: save up and pay cash; nothing ticks a salesman off more than spending hours with a customer trying to get him qualified for a loan to buy a bike while cash customers are walking off to other salesmen.
You're wrong on this one. A salesman will make as much if not more commission off the financial plan than he will off the sale of the bike. On top of that he can roll the extended warranty into the monthly payments and really make himself a bundle.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:46 AM
EntourageE
Intermediate

Diablo
I hear you on the cash, that you be great, but I'm only saving $600 a year so I'm looking at about 20 years to save the cash if I'm just saving INS money. Either way I already have the financing in hand at a pretty damn good interest rate, so to the dealer I'm basically a cash buyer. As whaap said, they would probably rather me finance at the dealership because they'll get a bigger commission.
The problem with the Nightster's I've found in my area atleast is that all the dealers within 5 hours of me have sold all the 07s and are now taking delivery of the 08s. The only dealer I found with the deal on the Bob is 5 hours away from me so I'm gonna have to drive. I'm gonna try to negotiate some more tomorrow over the phone but I've got to find a better INS rate, the Geico and Progressive rates are freakin ridiculous. Any suggestions from Cali riders on who they insure through would be appreciated.
Thanks for all the opinions everyone, I think I'm leaning toward the Dyna if I can make the INS work.

Old 08-15-2007, 07:43 AM
smag
Advanced

ORIGINAL: whaap

ORIGINAL: smag

You're wrong on this one. A salesman will make as much if not more commission off the financial plan than he will off the sale of the bike. On top of that he can roll the extended warranty into the monthly payments and really make himself a bundle.
Ok, I should have more clearly said I meant those that he spends hours with that he suspects all along cannot get a loan nohow.............. Thanks.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:31 AM
Snydcat
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Get the Street Bob

Old 08-15-2007, 08:40 AM
smag
Advanced

ORIGINAL: EntourageE

I'm at a loss but need to jump at the Bob deal if I'm gonna do that and put a $500 deposit down by tomorrow or I'll probably lose out on that deal as he only has two 2007s left.
Hmmm. Did he say two 2007's left on the floor or two 2007's left in storage? I was talking to a salesmen two months ago and in a candid moment he laughed about how every time I show up they still have "just two left" but they change color.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:41 AM
HDHornet
Road Warrior

If it's a choice between those two I would go with the Bob.

Quick Reply: Narrowed it down to two Choices