Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gloves

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 08:50 PM
rijrnnr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gloves

Tried the Mechanix style glove, but was not real satisified with them, then bought some HD perforated half gloves. In this hot weather, they have been great.

I have a pair of Thinsulate camo gloves made my Remington I bow hunt in. They have worked great on the ATV during colder weather, are not bulky at all, that I may try out on the bike when it starts cooling down here. If I find I really like them, I'll see if I can find them in black, or may even consider trying to dye some if it comes to that.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:58 PM
jeramy
Banned

hmm right now i don't wear gloves when rideing but will deffinetly have to find some by late fall.i have very calloused hands so don't often find the need to wear gloves even when handling hot metals or dealing with mild vibrations , but cold still bothers em

Old 08-15-2007, 12:05 AM
Teek
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: thomasf59

I am going to try the Orina 118 gloves.
Tom, seemy post above, last paragraph. Those are the ones. They come innumeric sizes. Measure your hand fromyour wrist to the tip ofyour middle finger, and that's your size. If it's a little over an even inch, order the next size up. If the palm circumference were the same I guess I could have ordered one size lower...mine feel too long, but fit well otherwise.

Teek

Old 08-15-2007, 12:47 AM
FloridaDrafter
Tourer

ORIGINAL: evilscotsman

Can someone out there who rides with gloves tell me if there is a glove out there that doesn't feel like you're wearing an oven mitt while you're riding?
I've been wearing the Tour Master Air flow gloves for years. I wear them by themselves during the summer and wear silk liners under them during the winter. The gloves are $20 and the liners are $9.. I have a pair of $90 gaunlets, but phtt, I seldom wear them.

Gloves: http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...s--601942.html

Liners: http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...r--602006.html

They are pretty popular gloves, so you can find them locally at just about any bike or moto clothing dealer. Although thy look bulky in the picture, they aren't and they really feel nice and I'm a thinkin you'll like 'em. If not, your just out 20 bucks

-Andy

Old 08-15-2007, 08:38 AM
gmerr2
Cruiser

Go to the Army/Navy store and get a pair of old black leather military gloves. They're comfortable, and not slick, and they have these green wool inserts for cold weather....can't beat them. My dad had some, when I was a kid,that he brought back from Vietnam and I used to use the green wool parts in the winter on the rare days that it snows here. They're pretty cheap, like $5-10 or so....I've had mine for several years and they're awesome

Rev. George.....Chattanooga, Tn

Old 08-15-2007, 05:56 PM
thomasf59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered the Orina 118 gloves today, and I ride in the cold weather 20 degs is about my limit but, I will report how they feel in the cold while riding this winter.

Tom

Old 08-17-2007, 01:59 AM
niided
Advanced

Click on this linkhttp://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/4...and-Women.html
Close out at $18 a pair. Bought myself 3 pairs; very comfortable, quality, perforated leather. Similar to my Harley Davidson perforated gloves at a fraction of the price.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:59 AM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

As has been well documented, in the warm months I wear gayass fingerless gloves. In the winter I had some gaulet gloves and even had liners I picked up from a snow ski specialty shop. They were still bulky, and my freekin fingers kept turning blue.

I'm planning to get some of the HD heated gloves before cold weather hits again this year. Does anyone have any experience with those gloves??

Old 08-18-2007, 04:20 PM
thomasf59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my gloves today not to bulky, the quality and fit are fine.

Tom

Old 08-18-2007, 04:37 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: SportyPig

As has been well documented, in the warm months I wear gayass fingerless gloves. In the winter I had some gaulet gloves and even had liners I picked up from a snow ski specialty shop. They were still bulky, and my freekin fingers kept turning blue.

I'm planning to get some of the HD heated gloves before cold weather hits again this year. Does anyone have any experience with those gloves??
I also wear the fingerless gloves as it gives me more control andI like them better than my full fingered ones.

Wanna go out sometime Sporty Pig?We can wear our gay fingerless gloves and have a thuper time!

Quick Reply: Gloves