Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Nightster 975 Custom

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2022, 07:39 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,084 Likes on 562 Posts

Originally Posted by HotRod917
Yeeeup, there it is...the Nitpicking'

Well.. you've already concluded that this thing (except the penut style air box cover n HD sticker) looks like a "Very cheap metric cruiser". And it having Metal or CF parts would magically some how make it a "lesser cheap non-metric desirable cruiser??

I agree that metal parts have their place and charm. But as u know its a balance..maybe not very useful on this platform and its applications, driving up costs. If so, then the bagger's bags n fairings should also be made of metal right.!

Also what happened to the V-Rod again..Ooh my bad, keep forgetting that wasn't a 'real harley...but hey it had some nice aluminum parts on it though.. anywho

This exactly is why i love HD going ba££s to the wall with the Rev-Max platform. When the ADV concept was presented years ago almost everyone laughed their a$$ off, said Harley has lost it way and certainly huffing paint thinner. Look at what a knockout hit the Pan Am became, even the "pro reviewers" agreed its a great product for its first outing. Does it have teething issues, hell yea. It may not be for everybody but no one can disregard its success.

Even NASA extensively uses various thermoplastic composites. Plastic materials have played a vital role throughout the history of space flight. The gorgeous Ducati Panigale's are covered in plastic with premium cost, haven't heard anyone complaint abt that.

C'mon cut the MoCo some slack.
And respectfully sir.. If just the plastic stuff is keeping someone from buying this product, then they surely have bigger problems to adress first.

P.S.
The longevity of any IC engine Mostly depends on How' one is using it.

you should buy one. My opinion is mine only and you shouldn’t care one way or another in terms of your buying decisions. Not that you said you did. NASA, Ducati, metric cruiser copy cats…plastic covered Goldwings, etc have no bearing on what I like in a cruiser motorcycle. I just don’t want to debate it any further. Flame on…

Old 06-09-2022, 11:00 PM
mechanicalchris
Stage III
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default This is my first harley how long for custom pipes?

As other posters have said, I love my new 975 but the sound is lacking.

How long does it usually take for exausts to hit the market?

The following users liked this post:
CHECKERBOB (11-21-2022)
Old 06-11-2022, 03:31 AM
HotRod917
Road Warrior
Received 274 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by mechanicalchris
Not very long..usually harley would already have a Screamin Eagle slipon, not sure whats the delay.

Also since the Pan Am and Sporty S have options from TBR, V&H etc..the Nightster exhuats should be right around the corner. Call up Rinehart n get a eta, post here..will be useful info for others as well.

Damn that custom 2-1-2 looks so sexy, hope someone makes that too.

Originally Posted by stratplexi
you should buy one…
Perfectly content with my Harley Girls bike for now...but i'll surely take it under my advisement, thank you sir

Warm Regards
Namaste

Last edited by HotRod917; 06-11-2022 at 03:32 AM.
samsquanch (06-12-2022)
Old 06-11-2022, 08:09 AM
mechanicalchris
Stage III
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Hot Rod. Reinhart said that was for demos only but I'm sure there will be one soon!

Old 06-11-2022, 08:27 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,214 Likes on 2,887 Posts

Just another V-rod with some new body work.

Old 06-12-2022, 07:55 AM
samsquanch
Tourer
Received 265 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Hey Man
Just another V-rod with some new body work.
Just another great bike.

Old 06-18-2022, 11:00 PM
hammer6315
HDF Community Team
Received 249 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by mechanicalchris
As other posters have said, I love my new 975 but the sound is lacking.

With the new configured 60 degree v twin with offset crank pins, it will not have the evolution sound. (potato-potato). Will sound more like a Duc.

Old 06-21-2022, 10:39 AM
3dognate
Tourer
Received 342 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by hammer6315
With the new configured 60 degree v twin with offset crank pins, it will not have the evolution sound. (potato-potato). Will sound more like a Duc.
That's not a bad thing... just different. My Duc 900 Super Sport with free flowing Termignoni exhaust sounds pretty darned wicked. I suspect that a proper aftermarket exhaust will get into the same territory as my 900SS in the sound department and peeps will love it. I have a Fuel Moto exhaust on my Pan America and that's pretty meaty sounding too. Not potato-potato-potato like an old twin-cam... but pretty ferocious in it's own right.

Don Michigan (08-30-2022)
Old 08-30-2022, 08:09 PM
Don Michigan
Cruiser
Received 92 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 3dognate
That's not a bad thing... just different. My Duc 900 Super Sport with free flowing Termignoni exhaust sounds pretty darned wicked. I suspect that a proper aftermarket exhaust will get into the same territory as my 900SS in the sound department and peeps will love it. I have a Fuel Moto exhaust on my Pan America and that's pretty meaty sounding too. Not potato-potato-potato like an old twin-cam... but pretty ferocious in it's own right.
I put the Vance & Hines on my Pan America, loud at 4000rpm and above really took off a lot of weight also. Just purchased a 975, should be ready in a day or two. Need a slip on to get rid of the 3' long coffee can muffler. LOL very light...

CHECKERBOB (11-21-2022)
Old 11-21-2022, 06:16 PM
CHECKERBOB
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BikerBabe!!!!
I love everything about my new bike, but man does it sounds like a jetsons car! i need some mean loud exhaust in it but i havent been able to find any for this new bike yet.
Same here, not only sounds like crap compared to a Ducati or any other motorcycle, but the exhaust system is also flat assed ugly and heavy.
Hoping for an aftermarket stainless steel 2 in 1 with a reverse cone megaphone with an adjustable silencer.

Quick Reply: New Nightster 975 Custom