Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You gotta get one!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 09:44 AM
dhc8guru
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You gotta get one!

Not being real thrilled at throwing big $$$ into a more comfortable seat for my 1200N, I decided to buy a Ultra gel/sheepskin seat pad from Amspecialties http://www.amspecialtiesusa.com/.The Medium sized pad is the exact same size as the 1200N seat. I am really happy with it and would purchase one regardless of what type of seat I had. Makes a big difference in riding comfort. The quality is outstanding. The pad has a grippy bottom and also comes with an optionalstrap toalso secure it down but it is not needed.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Pacedog
Intermediate
Default RE: You gotta get one!

You really put one of those on your bike?

Old 08-07-2007, 01:12 PM
LANGeek
Advanced

Glad you like it. That's all that matter.

It doesn't matter that it looks like something curled up on your seat and died. Not important as long as you enjoy your ride

Old 08-07-2007, 02:22 PM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No offense, but "No thank you". I'm cringing just cause I had to go from my solo, threw the passenger pillion back on, and now I put a Ultima Gel 2up seat on so the GF would be more comfortable. Ain't no way I'm putting one of those on. But remember, "No offense", just ain't my style.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:31 AM
freekdawg1200
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can't see it when you're riding!

Old 08-08-2007, 02:46 AM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

um.... lol... wow... Is that for real?

Old 08-08-2007, 03:48 AM
Teek
Road Warrior

Hmm...not my style, either, but it certainly addresses the main issues with gel seats and pads. As in gel gets hot in the sun, and cold in the winter. The sheepskin cover keeps it "cool" in the hot summer sun, and relatively "warm" in the winter. I've worn a lot of wool in all kinds of conditions, and can certainly vouch for it's properties. Oh, another thing you can do withgel pads that you can't do with gelseats...before you set out on a really hot ride, take the cover off and put the gel in the freezer overnight. If it's real medical gel, it won't freeze. Then you'll be cool during your ride! Then in the winter when it's really cold outside, you can put it in the microwave, again with the sheepskin cover removed. the cover will provide an extra insulating layer tokeep it either cooler longer or warmer longer, without transferring too much hot or cold to your backside! You'll be COMFORTABLE while the others snicker at your "dead pet". Just remember that riding is supposed to befun, not painful; and you found a solution that'scheaper andmore comfortablethan mosthave tried.

Teek

Old 08-08-2007, 04:13 AM
Superstylin
Cruiser

Teek - I commend you for that diplomatic post, but honestly, that thing looks like you picked up some roadkill and decided that sitting on it would somehow be a good idea.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:54 AM
Teek
Road Warrior

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Well, I have to admit it looks a lot better than the squirrel I almost hit yesterday!

Teek

Old 08-08-2007, 05:09 AM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Some people like to ride, and some people like to look cool.

I have a gel pad and aseparate sheepskin from Alaskaleathers. I can out distanceeveryone I ride with and on the hottest days, I am able to stay cool. 14 hour days in the saddle are common for me.Since they help me accomplish that,I could care less what it looks like.

Quick Reply: You gotta get one!