Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HYPERCHARGER

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007 | 11:06 PM
FATBOYUSA
|
Tourer
Default HYPERCHARGER

I just installed a Kurakyn Hypercharger. I love the look and the throttle response is awesome. The bike seems louder, has anyone else put on a hypercharger and had these same responses.I was a little worried about using Kurakyn parts but this is my favorite modification. Kurakyn claims a 7 to9 horsepower increase, but because of the throttle response it feels like more. I will have pictures soon.[sm=yeahsmile.gif][sm=biker2.gif]

Old 08-07-2007 | 03:59 AM
jwb47
Road Warrior
Default RE: HYPERCHARGER

had one for three weeks took it off and sold it on ebay. I wont go into all the reasons why. my perspective is you think it is a cool mod , you like it and thats all that matters . to answer your question yes it does make the bike sound louder , but I really honestly and truthfully saw no significate gains on the dyno that I couldnt duplicate with any regular high flow air cleaner and a set of good pipes. does this make it a bad modification ? certainly not .its just a differnt look than what other people go for and variety is what makes the aftermarket world go around. as far as quality goes it has a k&n filter and the fit and finish on the one I had was top notch. be sure and post a picture.

Old 08-07-2007 | 10:39 AM
jterp
Tourer

ORIGINAL: DIAMONDPLATE

I just installed a Kurakyn Hypercharger. I love the look and the throttle response is awesome. The bike seems louder, has anyone else put on a hypercharger and had these same responses.I was a little worried about using Kurakyn parts but this is my favorite modification. Kurakyn claims a 7 to9 horsepower increase, but because of the throttle response it feels like more. I will have pictures soon.[sm=yeahsmile.gif][sm=biker2.gif]

I've been thinking of getting one.. trying to justify spending that much money on it.. Where did you get your? What pipes are you running? Did you rejet at the same time?

Old 08-07-2007 | 12:27 PM
mikethebike
3rd Gear

They did a dyno on a stock shovel and gained 5 hp by just adding an S&S air cleaner case. Not bad. So your results may be accurate.

Old 08-07-2007 | 02:14 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member

For another opinion of the HyperCharger you might want to read the following;

http://www.harleyhelp.com/faq.html#hyp

Old 08-07-2007 | 04:28 PM
king05
Novice

How did the install go? I was gonna give you a call but I'm still a little sore from the surgery. Can't wait to see it I have always liked the looks of those. Kuryakyn makes a good product I have always had good luck with them.

Old 08-07-2007 | 09:06 PM
FATBOYUSA
|
Tourer

I did alot of research after reading the article suggested by OLDFENDERGUY, and found that the Hypercharger can cause massive amounts of oil and fuel breakdown. This can result in numerous mechanical problems. It isn't neccesarily a bad design by Kurakyn, but the product is more for show and around town driving, not so much for highway or touring.I bought my bike to travel on and even though i have only went on one long trip, with my Brother in law, two great new friends King05 and his Queen, and Skippy.I am not willing to take the chance of anypotential problems, so today i unistalled it and traded it for some other great parts.I will have pics when istallations are done.
hopefully, alot more weekend trip stories, too. Got to get you back on the road King05.

[IMG]local://upfiles/37276/A1F143D109904A4091F3266EDAA34046.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-08-2007 | 12:53 AM
MikesDad
Cruiser

I also read the article posted buy OFG. Took it to heart and decided against it.

Too expensive and too many moving parts. (12 replacable parts)

Something as simple as an air cleaner shouldnt be that complex. (IMO).

Old 08-08-2007 | 08:06 AM
jterp
Tourer

ORIGINAL: OldFenderGuy

For another opinion of the HyperCharger you might want to read the following;

http://www.harleyhelp.com/faq.html#hyp

Wow.. that just changed my mind...

I don't understand why there would be no vaccum to open the butterflies under hard acceleration though???

Actually I don't see why the butterflies would be vaccum controlled anyway.. why not be mechanically operated????

Old 08-08-2007 | 06:30 PM
Fraggenstein
Advanced

Hmmm, well i have a HyperCharger on mine,it does not drip oil all over my cam case after a long rideand i don't have any flat spot's either.

Would anyone else with HyperCharger's like to comment?

Quick Reply: HYPERCHARGER