Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patriot Guard

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 08:46 AM
daddycoolj
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Patriot Guard

Joined the Patriot Guard the other night. Man what an awesome thing to do for our brave soldiers who are protecting our freedoms. No matter what side of the fence you are on with the war in Iraq these soldiers deserve our respect and their families should not have to endure heckling when they are grieving for their loved ones.
I did not even know that it existed this far down in Dixie but I saw a fellow riding by while I was working at an army hospital and he had the duard stickers all over his pick-up. I stopped him and got proper info. He just happened to be assistant ride captain in our part of the world(extreme southeast Bama) which just happens to be 7 miles from Ft.Rucker Alabama. Ft.Rucker is the home of army aviation training. Apaches and blackhawks everywhere.
Thanks just thought I would share how good it feels to be part of such a wonderful group of bikers. I have not however gone on a mission as of yet.
Oh by the way! the wifey joined also. So we will have 2 sporties represented on missions.

Old 08-04-2007, 12:13 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Patriot Guard

Welcome aboard brother! I know some of the ride captians in Northern AL They're some great folks! If there is a mission in Northern AL, down to Birmingham or so, I usually make the trip down from Nashville. Hope to meet you soon. Maybe at a Happy Mission...Those are REALLY great!!!!

Old 08-04-2007, 04:21 PM
yomomma22
Road Captain

I just got my bike and have been thinking of tring to find a chapter in my neck of the woods. I live in Kansas City Mo. I am still learning to ride but seems like it would be a great cause to be a part of. My problem is having 2 kids in diapers my free time is few and far between. Congrats to you though man my hat is off to yah. Great thing you guys do for our troops!!!

Old 08-04-2007, 08:19 PM
bamasporty
3rd Gear

Does anyone know if there is a chapter in central Alabama?

Old 08-04-2007, 09:41 PM
EzRyder
Cruiser

Can someone enlighten me as to what the Patriot Guard, what is does, etc. Heard of it don't know much about it.

Thanks

Old 08-04-2007, 10:57 PM
daddycoolj
Cruiser

Hey Bamasporty!! Howdy Howdy!!
Yea Bama is supported pretty well. Go to http://www.patriotguard.organd click join. After you join then go to "all forums" find Dixie area and introduce yourself to the state riding captain. After you sign out and then back in the first time you can find Bama in all forums and check out missions and what-not.

Old 08-05-2007, 01:04 AM
Blackbird
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: EzRyder

Can someone enlighten me as to what the Patriot Guard, what is does, etc. Heard of it don't know much about it.

Thanks
Click Here

Old 08-05-2007, 07:34 AM
outdoorgirl57
Road Master

Welcome to PGR!
For those that are interested in "Chapters"... Once you join and log-in, (must be logged in) you can go on the home page under "All Forums" (on the left hand side of the page near the top)and then scroll down once the page loads and find your state. Bookmark thatpage and check it daily for information on missions. Some states are very large and Ride Captains don't send out individual e-mails about missions. Just depends on where you live.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:45 AM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member

There really aren't individual "chapters" of the Patriot Guard. It's nationwide and even several members now in Canada. As we say in the Dixie region of the Patriot Guard, we have NO borders in Dixie.

I have attended PGR missions in KY,IL,NC,AL,MS,GA, and of course TN. Sometimes some of my brothers and sisters from the Middle TN area ride with me, sometimes I ride solo to the out of state missions. No matter, you will be welcomed as family as soon as you arrive.

In addition to what ourdoorgirl said, once you sign on and find the state, or states in your area, there is a small box on the left at the top of each thread. You can click that box, and you will be sent an email when any new posts are made on that thread.

That's a good way to monitor upcomming missions.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:49 AM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: bamasporty

Does anyone know if there is a chapter in central Alabama?
Central AL Patriot Guard is very active. The Dixie Region Ride Captain lives in Birmingham. He and his wife are both great Patriots!

Quick Reply: Patriot Guard