Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patriot Guard

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 11:49 AM
matpat
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Patriot Guard

ORIGINAL: evilscotsman

I joined about a month ago but have yet to attend a mission. How do I get in touch with other riders, captains, etc. in my area? I'm a little south of Toledo, Ohio (Northwest Ohio). I need to get active and show my respect through participation.
Just joined today and definately have not gone on a misson yet. You may want to contact Ohio Gumby here for more info. His e-mail and phone number are in the post I linked to. There's someone from the Findlay area and I thought I saw one from Toledo also.

Old 08-10-2007, 01:25 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

No matter what area you're in, the easiest way to get involved and find out about missions is to go into the forums area (on the PGR website). Then find the state, or states within your "riding range". At the top of each forum page, there is a box you can check to receive an email when any of the threads are updated.

You can also monitor the "Watch List" section of the forum. And the Confirmed Missions forum. Many of the State and Assistant State Ride Captians also have an email list, and they send emails out to give everyone a heads up. It's not too difficult to get the information. Unfortunately, I average about 1 mission a week. This week it's gonna be 5. Thankfully, one of those is a "happy mission."

Old 08-10-2007, 01:37 PM
ride2tires
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nightster007-

Well put myfriend... well put.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:39 PM
annieoaklely63
Cruiser

I joined the Patriot Guard about a month ago and will go on my first mission ride this next Saturday. Fortunately, I was able to go to a "happy mission", as SportyPig called it, this past weekend. All you new members will find that the members are very friendly and welcome you with open arms. I met SportyPig and several others and had a wonderful time. Welcome aboard!!

And SportyPig, it was great to meet you!

Old 08-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Rodent
Road Master

ORIGINAL: kerberos

I joined, but I'm afraid to go on a mission. The disrespect shown by protestors to the families of the fallen just makes my blood boil, I'm afraid that I would lose my cool.

I feel the same way. What really frosts my azz is when they use kids that don't know any better to help with their protests.
I wonder sometimes what they say when one of their protesters dies.
Sooner or later, they ALL will get what they have coming to them. One way or another.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Motosportman
Cruiser

Having served 30 years in the US Navy of which over 9 years was spent at sea, in conflicts from Vietnam, to Desert Shield / Storm and Iraqi Freedom, I would like to say that - this is a very good thing. Their is nothing more heart touching than true heartfelt appreciation for all of the scarifices that one makes in service to your country.

The greatest honor ofall is from what you are doing as a patriot rider - in protecting the rights ofgrieving loved ones at a funeral of one whom gave all he had for our freedom.

I tearfully salute you and the fallen and thank you.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:58 AM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: evilscotsman

I joined about a month ago but have yet to attend a mission. How do I get in touch with other riders, captains, etc. in my area? I'm a little south of Toledo, Ohio (Northwest Ohio). I need to get active and show my respect through participation.
I met several PGR members from the Akron, OH area yesterday. I'll pass along your contact info. They should be able to get someone in touch with you.

annieoakly, ride save and stand tall on Saturday. I have to be in my cousin'swedding (different form of funeral) Sat night. Depending on the times for the mission on Sat, it is doubtful I will be able to attend. Despite my pointing out to my cousin the patch on my leather vest that proclaims "These ARE my Church Clothes", they insist I wear a Tux. What a rediculous notion....a Pig in a Tux!................. Talk about polishing a turd!!!

Old 08-15-2007, 07:36 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: SportyPig

annieoakly, ride save and stand tall on Saturday. I have to be in my cousin'swedding (different form of funeral) Sat night. Depending on the times for the mission on Sat, it is doubtful I will be able to attend. Despite my pointing out to my cousin the patch on my leather vest that proclaims "These ARE my Church Clothes", they insist I wear a Tux. What a rediculous notion....a Pig in a Tux!................. Talk about polishing a turd!!!
Make sure you post pics of you on your Sporty with a tux on.