Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

riding glasses

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 05:47 PM
kardoc
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default riding glasses

Does anyone have any input / feedback on Roadspex glasses ? Thinking of getting some , but have a few questions about them .How do they fit ? Do they keep the wind out ?Are they good in the midday sun ? Do you wear them at night ? Thanks for the input.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Azwethinkweiz
Tourer
Default RE: riding glasses

I don't wear Road Spex's myself, I have Bobster goggle/sunglasses. They have clear, smoke, mirrored and yellow lenses that snap in and out easily. Ive found that they hold wind out better with the strap than the sunglasses, but the sunglass arms are definately more comfortable. Your best bet is to go to dealerships in your area and try them on, theres no real way to tell how they'll hold wind out without seeing how snugly they fit to your face.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: kardoc

Does anyone have any input / feedback on Roadspex glasses ? Thinking of getting some , but have a few questions about them .How do they fit ? Do they keep the wind out ?Are they good in the midday sun ? Do you wear them at night ? Thanks for the input.
Don't have them yet, thinking of getting some. looks like you can get them cheap enough. I would say you'll need some clear glasses for night riding. I currently have transition lenses in the glasses I wear, They don't seem to get clear enough at night. I'm planning on getting a lid with some type of clear shield for night riding. To many bugs!

Old 08-02-2007, 10:08 PM
mr.hammond
Road Captain

panoptx.pricey,but your eye safety is worth it.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wear my Ray Bans for short trips and safety glasses for long ones.

Old 08-03-2007, 06:41 AM
kardoc
Cruiser

I went the panoptix way. A little over a year ( and of course out of warranty ) the lenses don't go dark. They will not fix them !

Old 08-03-2007, 02:20 PM
levi
Intermediate

I just got some Panoptx about 3 weeks ago. So far, I LOVE them! Now I only need one pair, day and night.. no lenses to change etc.. AND they keep all the wind out etc... I would recommend them to anyone.

kardoc.. Thanks for the info! I don't understand how they could stop going dark? Isn't the chemical property of the plastic lens itself the part that reacts to light and changes shades? Or maybe it's just a coating...? Maybe I'm confused at how it works, but if mine stop working and they didn't cover it, I'll be pissed as he!! That's a lot of $$ to spend just for some night time specs. I think I'm going to call them and find out what sort of 'warranty' I have with mine.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:32 PM
mr.hammond
Road Captain

me too!!i was led to beleive this is a great company that took care of business.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:39 PM
tjones
Advanced

I just ordered a pair of prescription riding glasses form sportrx.com out of San Deigo, I went with the Hurricane gray 1. I got them for $122 and some change shipped. I should have them in a couple of weeks. I had previously bought a pair of the cheaper foam riding glasses and they seemed to work great.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:54 PM
kawsakimx6
Road Warrior

I have a set fot night riding.....clear ones.....i guess it depends on your head shape, but i LOVE them

Quick Reply: riding glasses