Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 Sportsters/ New Models

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2021 | 04:16 PM
Synoptic 12
|
Cruiser
Arrow

Originally Posted by HOTLAP
They have some nice new Roadsters too, this black one:
https://www.highoctaneharley.com/inv...-20xl1200cxblk
and this classic orange is pretty hot too:
https://www.highoctaneharley.com/inv...xl1200cxorange
Octane Harley said the roadsters were discontinued as they made no mention of having one. I've seen enough at that dealership.

Old 01-10-2021 | 04:20 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member

Rumor has it that the Roadster has been dropped from the Sportster lineup for '21.
But we'll find out for sure on Jan 19th.

If you're into handling & twisties, you definately want to check out the 2020 Roadster.

T.

Old 01-10-2021 | 04:31 PM
Synoptic 12
|
Cruiser
Arrow

This is the one I'd be taking for a ride.
https://www.highoctaneharley.com/inv...1lm318kc414540
Looked at the roadsters, a bit top heavy, more so than the Forty Eight. The main reason the MoCo is in distress is due to designer issues. The company is hoping to gather the millenials, along with rider programs, and incentives that are not worth the paper they're printed on. HD bypassed the boyz in favor of acquiring, or trying to acquire more revenue. Unless the MoCo institutes a better way to conduct business with owners, the road shall continue to decline. I would really like to know exactly where the prints or ideas are formed with new models, and under the guidance of....? To be honest, I do not see anything other than the Forty Eight, and due to forward controls and the big front tire are reasons to 'forget about it'. Unless HD pulls a rabbit out of the bag, I personally do not see the company moving forward. In addition, most parts are subbed out to foreign sources, no palate of color options (Unless one pays like $5000.00 or something), chrome and aluminum have almost disappeared in favor of guess? "Black" > 'Black on everything'. A restructuring is definitely needed. Some of the better models were discontinued in lieu of bringing the 'LiveWire' or whatever it's called for a trial run. When any speak of HD, they're 'not electric' and never will be. All who believe in ghost stories shall surely be left in a dark alley with no where to go.

Old 01-10-2021 | 04:39 PM
Synoptic 12
|
Cruiser
Arrow

Those are gators and used to be to keep the dust and gravel away from the fork seals, they are useful on a dirt bike but just for looks on a street bike.
If you like sports stance bikes why don’t you look for a Roadster, the newer ones have inverted forks and are a nice package right out of the box.
The boots are more for 'off road' and simply do not work. Had them on a bike and one of the seals still failed. They say to keep the wipers clean but that is not the case. If you look at the tubes on the 883 as opposed to the Forty Eight, the tubes are more narrow; 'Most likely left over stock they wish to get rid of, and charge more; whereas they've had the tubes for probably ten years or more due to "those" models not selling. One cannot believe that the boots are placed on the 883 for looks. They're stationed most likely to hide the leakage from the seals should they seep.

Old 01-10-2021 | 04:40 PM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member

Wow that really took a dark turn, maybe you should look at Hondas cause you meet the nicest people on a Honda.

The following 3 users liked this post by HOTLAP:
Bobjv (01-11-2021), Midpegs (01-12-2021), MikeBel (01-11-2021)
Old 01-10-2021 | 04:48 PM
Synoptic 12
|
Cruiser
Arrow

Wow that really took a dark turn, maybe you should look at Hondas cause you meet the nicest people on a Honda.
I believe that I've been alluding to the difficulty with HD throughout my entire posts. To find or acquire a bike is not an easy task, especially with all the variables, just like cars. At one time, I could just sit on a bike and purchase, not today and maybe not ever again. The sales people are not knowledgeable, lie right to your face, pretend they do not know what you're speaking of when one tells them of recalls or "vent-tube issues". Adding to the above is they're need to make a quick sale without expanding upon anything technical, rather speaking of paint and exhaust, combined with stupidity. If you cannot see that, there a great many that can and are ever present. No offense here, just stating the facts.

Old 01-10-2021 | 05:18 PM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member

Yeah most Harley salespeople suck, better to do your research on line and decide for yourself what you want then shop for the best price.

The following users liked this post:
Synoptic 12 (01-10-2021)
Old 01-10-2021 | 05:23 PM
Synoptic 12
|
Cruiser
Arrow

Yeah most Harley salespeople suck, better to do your research on line and decide for yourself what you want then shop for the best price.
Thanks much for your input. I'd like to purchase but there's nothing for me; irrespective of the Forty Eight at this point. As I made mention somewhere, not into bags, fairings, or trinkets.
You know, I have not seen Harley's for a while; amazed me to see midrange speakers in back sides of seats where someone sits, heated seats. I believe a 'canopy' is now required. And, the fronr speakers were sticking out like a huge air cleaner, equipped with radio and antenna. One must certainly purchase that hardware for 40K!

Last edited by Synoptic 12; 01-10-2021 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-10-2021 | 05:27 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member

Agreed, given the diatribe, maybe the Rebel 1100 should be considered....

https://powersports.honda.com/street/cruiser/rebel-1100

T.

Old 01-10-2021 | 06:13 PM
Synoptic 12
|
Cruiser
Arrow

Originally Posted by WKNDS
Agreed, given the diatribe, maybe the Rebel 1100 should be considered....

https://powersports.honda.com/street/cruiser/rebel-1100

T.
I'm staying with the Assembly of Yahweh. Iron not needed.

Quick Reply: 2021 Sportsters/ New Models