Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boots/Shoe question

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 09:35 AM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Boots/Shoe question

I think everyone here has pretty much covered all the key points of a good pair of riding boots. Ankle support anda good treaded sole are key elements. Another featurewhich includes a shifter foot reinforcment over the top part/toe area (that provides more coverage for repeatedly shifting)...that is a nice feature....I know I have had to bandaid my left foot a few times cause my boot are a very lightweight leather and that repeating motion causes blisters (don't like a heel shifter). I have considered buying a pair of that style of boot, but I find they are quite heavy. Ifear they would become even heavier by the end of a long riding day.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:16 AM
lilredchic
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a pair of the harley boots with the extra patch of leather for shifting. They aren't that heavy. They (I think) are way more comfy then my brake lights also Harley brand. They are a logger style boot and the only place I can find them now is ebay. (bootgoddess) they have mens and womens styles for around $100. sorry for butting in.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:25 AM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: lilredchic

I have a pair of the harley boots with the extra patch of leather for shifting. They aren't that heavy. They (I think) are way more comfy then my brake lights also Harley brand. They are a logger style boot and the only place I can find them now is ebay. (bootgoddess) they have mens and womens styles for around $100. sorry for butting in.
I think I have those same boots. I don't often wear them though. I find them a bit heavy (compared to my other boots), sooo stiff and they give me blisters on my heels. My hubby, on the other hand, won't wear anything else. He buys them 2 pairs at a time cause he wears them for work too (he buys the steel toes version for work). He actually wears them out. I guess I just haven't worn them enough to really brake them in.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:35 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

I love Doc Martens; but I found that the soles were wearing out rather quick. I since switched to HD Faded Glory and that seem to be comfortable and wear much better.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:42 AM
principalman
Advanced

Check out Durango Harness Boots. I got a pair shortly after the bike.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:31 AM
allthatwhichis
Cruiser

Wal-Mart carries Wolverine boots don't they? I assume theya re the same boots just missing the HD ornamentation... and price.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:44 AM
StargazerXT12
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: lilredchic

My Harley boots, while they are the most comfortable I own(except for my cowboy boots), don't have the extra leather, and now, after only a few months the toe of the left one is starting to wear thin. I'm going to have to invest in a new pair by the end of the season.

I was wondering if there are any types of boots out there that compensate for oil on the roadway. I had an incident recently where I stopped at a light and without thinking put my right foot down, there was oil on the road, and sure enough the bottom of my boot got slick, making it hard to keep my foot on the peg and a bit slick when I stopped at the next stop light.

I would sure hate to drop the bike due to an oil slick.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:10 PM
lilredchic
Tourer

The boots I have are called Casper they are made for Harley by one the big name boot companies. Wolverine or Georgia?? They have kind of a lug sole for lack of better wording. I haven't noticed them getting slick. I do know they have a damn sight better traction then my Nikes and theel is nice to but up against the foot peg on the HWY.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:15 PM
lilredchic
Tourer

bikergirl40
"I think I have those same boots. I don't often wear them though. I find them a bit heavy (compared to my other boots), sooo stiff and they give me blisters on my heels. My hubby, on the other hand, won't wear anything else. He buys them 2 pairs at a time cause he wears them for work too (he buys the steel toes version for work). He actually wears them out. I guess I just haven't worn them enough to really brake them in."

Sorry I copy and paste haven't got the quote thing down yet.Mine are called Casper something or another.I have thebrown pair because my break lights are black (never where them) I've been wanting the black ones. What size are yours.....LOL

Old 07-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Tommo
Extreme HDF Member

I've always worn Doc Martins....the only down side is they are not very waterproof,that would be the only reason for changing....still haven't got into the habit of tucking the laces into the tops.

Quick Reply: Boots/Shoe question