Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anybody used Bassani Exhaust???

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 12:12 AM
Biker Trash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Has anybody used Bassani Exhaust???

Thanks Goth!
You know how it goes... pics never do it justis either. That was the maiden voyage March 22,07 after the latest teardown.

Old 07-26-2007, 07:00 AM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I got the Bassani's too. I love'm. Great sound and performance. However, as lilpork stated, I've scraped them in sharp right hand twisties. I'd post the pictures, but for some reason the system is letting me. You can check them out in the photo gallery.

Old 07-26-2007, 07:46 AM
Zimbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Biker Trash

I am thinking about buying Bassani Pro Streets for my '96 1200 custom. Has anyone used these or know of anyone who has.
I am concerned about sound and performance.

[IMG]local://upfiles/38491/FB727AF373B34D7182EABC06279DF0CD.jpg[/IMG]
I had the pro street on my '02 sportster. You could feel the difference in power right away. No loss on bottom end either. Ther have a nice growl to them and a good rumble at idle. It really pisses of the cagers on cell phones when you ride beside them too. ( ask me how I know )Another thing is, if you ever want to go bigger with that 1200, you won't need another set of pipes.
I have the power curve duels on my RKClassic. Bassani pipes are the only pipes that I will have on my scoots.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Biker Trash
Outstanding HDF Member

Wow I haven't heard a negative word about the Bassani Pro Streets yet! Looks like I know what my next purchase will be!

Old 07-26-2007, 10:09 AM
gwcrim
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, you guys must have different Bassani pipes than I had. Bassani's are OK with stock cams. Just OK. They do have a little softer low end than a good set of slip ons. But if you put in N4 or N8 cams the reversion around 2700 is so bad the bike is unrideable. I know of at least three other people who have had this experience.

Keep in mind that I've tried more than 10 different exhausts over the years on the same bike. Slip ons are the best value. Bassani Pro Streets are just OK. But you can't run them with aggressive cams.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:34 AM
GothMetalGuitarist
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a pic of mine..

Old 07-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Biker Trash
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't mind reversion or volume. I live just outside of Milwaukee WI and here your bike has gotta be loud or you will never be able to hear it over your buddy's next to you.
I have heard some raspy sounding slop ons as well. I gotta say I am not very impressed with how they sound. Something about that crossover tube that kills the whole sound.
I am not looking to race anyone since I AM on a harley but I don't wanna lose too much in the low end torque dept.
By the way the 105th is coming next year. I have heard there is gonna be a bash here in Harleytown again.... pack your bags and tie em on to the scoots! It's road trip time!!!

Old 07-26-2007, 11:08 AM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: gwcrim

Man, you guys must have different Bassani pipes than I had. Bassani's are OK with stock cams. Just OK. They do have a little softer low end than a good set of slip ons. But if you put in N4 or N8 cams the reversion around 2700 is so bad the bike is unrideable. I know of at least three other people who have had this experience.

Keep in mind that I've tried more than 10 different exhausts over the years on the same bike. Slip ons are the best value. Bassani Pro Streets are just OK. But you can't run them with aggressive cams.
Mine started as an 883, did the 1200+ conversion, and then added the Bassani's,so I wouldn't know how they reacted with the stock cam. I don't know where you're getting the "unrideable" from with the bigger cam. The Indy guy that did my conversion said he was putting in the biggest cam that he could, and he said the bike would perform & sound even better with the Bassani's once I put them on. There's also another Indy that I deal with that agrees that the Bassani's are one of the best performance exhaust on the market. However, everyones different and maybe the Bassani's just weren't for you. I can appreciate your opinion/comments.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:45 AM
GothMetalGuitarist
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm with WVH on this but, I do run stock cams (for now) an my bike has gobs of torque through the entire powerband and no reversion issues at all. Indy 1250 kit and tuned.

BTW WVH, what cams did you go with? Like U said, to each his own. It's always good to see both sides.