Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who Is Your Dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 03:49 AM
MikesDad
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who Is Your Dealer?

This is probably a bad idea after all the bad mouthing we do about them. But, then again, chances are that they also read from this forum. I know my dealer does not respond to e-mails or anything online for that matter.
I think this would be a good opportunity to expess our opinions,thoughts and whatever about the people that sold us our bikes.
It could also be used as a tool in helping others avoid problems. I also think a rating on a scale from 1 to 10 would also be helpful.

Soooooo.... Who was (is)your dealer????

Ok, I will start it.. LOL

Schaeffers Harley Davidson,
Orwigsburg, Pa.

Rating = 8

Old 07-25-2007, 04:15 AM
humpyy57
Tourer
Default RE: Who Is Your Dealer?

Andreas Harley Davidson where all service done Bought bike at Manns Harley Davidson.Andreas in Urbana Il 8
Manns in Columbus In

Old 07-25-2007, 05:29 AM
ChrisJosack
Stage II

Schoch Harley Davidson/Buellnear StroudsburgPA. Rating = 9
I do most of my own work on my 1989 XLH but their parts and service departments have been very helpfull and accomodating. My son also got a really good deal on a used 1997 Sprotster Sport.

Old 07-25-2007, 05:49 AM
Sentinel
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yankee hd rt6 bristol,ct rating = 0 just because i haven't had to use them yet. but to be fair they seem well orginized and mighty friendly.

Old 07-25-2007, 06:29 AM
pitbulldog
Road Captain

Cycle Connection in Joplin Missouri - Rating = 6

Their service is good, parts selection good, the lower rating comes from how difficult it is to communicate with them either on the telephone or with e-mail. Being 60 miles away, it's not always convenient to ride there just to ask a question about a price. It's a shame because they could be great except for this one area.

Denney's in Springfield Missouri - Rating = 2

I bought my bike there and will not bring it back under any circumstances. They screwed up the installation of my 6 speed transmission, installed defective saddlebags, and neglected to re-install the clip on the primary chain tensioner at the 5,000 mile service. I undestand mistakes will be made, my problem comes from their attitude regarding my concern for these issues. They were unwilling to give me any type of detailed explanation for the primary chain tensioner issue.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:29 AM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member

Schaeffers Harley Davidson

is suppose to be one of the best on the east coast.

I bought my bike at Iron Valley H-D in manhiem pa. Sales team was great! service and parts department not so hot.

I've started going to Susquahanna H-D in harrisburg. Haven't tried their service dept., The parts dept. is well stocked and the staff seems knowlagable. They also have a customer discount program. first time in ,I started getting 11%off right away!!! participating in dealer rides and events ups the discount.[sm=goodidea.gif]

BTW, Mikesdad , Did you get your bike fixed up? I'm convinced the H-D fuel injection programming sucks! I don't think they will ever run real good with out some type of programmer. I have a thundermax with auto tune on order.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:43 AM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

My experience has been some dealers are better in certain areas and suck in other areas. So I rate them based on three components. Motorcycle Sales, Parts & Accessories, and Service.

Boswell's Nashville, TN:

Motorcycle Sales - 8
Parts & Accessories - 10
Service - 1

This is the dealer closest to me, and the one I go to the most. It's a pretty good dealer, until you walk into the Service Dept. Which I will NEVER do again. If I were to ever walk into their service dept again, someone will probably be in jail.

Cool Springs Harley Davidson, Franklin, TN:

Motorcycle Sales - 6
Parts & Accessories - ?
Service - ?

This is were I bought my bike. They pissed me off before I ever rode off the lot. They always carry a hugh inventory of new bikes, so it's a good place to look at bikes, but I'll never spend any money with them again. Thus I can't rate their Parts or Service departments.

Bumpus, Murfreesboro, TN

Motorcycle Sales - 7
Parts & Accessories - 7
Service - 7

Pretty good dealer. The service department is much more customer friendly than most dealers. I would rate the service department higher, but eventhough they're friendly, and really try to help, they don't usually seem to fix the problem. At least not on the first try.

Harley Davidson Shop, Columbia, TN:

Motorcycle Sales - 7
Parts & Accessories - 6
Service - 8

Appleton's Harley Davidson, Clarksville, TN

Motorcycle Sales - 8
Parts & Accessories - 7
Service - ?

Boswell's Harley Davidson Shop, Madison, TN

Motorcycle Sales - 8
Parts & Accessories - 8
Service - ?

Harley Davidson of Cookeville, Cookeville, TN

Motorcycle Sales - 7
Parts & Accessories - 10
Service - 9

C & S Harley Davidson, Nashville, TN

Motorcycle Sales - 2
Parts & Accessories - 7
Service - ?

Most unhelpful sales staff I've ever seen at any type of business

All of these dealers are within an hour (most less than 30 minutes) from me. Competition is a good thing!

Old 07-25-2007, 07:54 AM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: MikesDad
Soooooo.... Who was (is)your dealer????
The guy on the corner at 12th & J St.

Lamont is his name....I think

Old 07-25-2007, 08:02 AM
annieoaklely63
Cruiser

Cool Springs Harley Davidson, Franklin, TN:

Sales: 8- My salesman was very helpful and friendly, but has since quit.
Parts & Accessories: 3 - Everything I need has to be ordered and will be in the store "in a week". Two + weeks later I usually get it after they shop around at other dealers.
Service: Service counter staff is very friendly but I can't even rate them on the actual service on my bike. They're giving me the run-around.
We bought an 07 Sporty and an 03 Electraglide within a 2 month period, but I don't see me buying another bike from them.

Harley Davidson of Columbia, Columbia, TN:

Sales: 3
Parts & Accessories: ?
Service:?

This is the first dealership we went to. They wouldn't come off the price of the bikes and wouldn't match another dealers prices. The salesman also told us if someone buys a bike elsewhere and needs service done on it that they have to wait behind his customers before they'll do any work on the bike. Not very good at selling. I purchased the SAME bike I was looking at, in Cool Springs for almost $1500 less than the Columbia store. Both stores are owned by the same person.

C & S Harley Davidson, Nashville, TN
Sales: 1
Parts & Accessories: ?
Service:?

We visited this store a few weeks ago while I was looking for riding boots. As Sportypig said...most unhelpful sales staff I've ever dealt with. They never acknowledged that we were in the store and we had to look for someone to help us. Then they wouldn't accept the HD gift card we'd received when we bought my bike.

Chunky River Harley Davidson, Meridian, MS

Sales: 5
Parts & Accessories: 8
Service: ?

This will be where my next bike comes from. The sales staff were overly friendly and very helpful, but not pushy. They have a huge showroom with plenty of parts & accessories to choose from. The salesman told me if I wanted to order anything, he'd ship it to me. Plus, they've got some very cool shirts!

Old 07-25-2007, 08:11 AM
STEG
Road Captain

Brunswick Harley Davidson Buell, Troy NY

Sales - 9
Parts & Accessories - 10
Service - 10 (or more)

They're the best dealer in the capital region of NY

Quick Reply: Who Is Your Dealer?