Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody got the Thunder max EFI auto tune system

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody got the Thunder max EFI auto tune system

Anybody got this system? Any feedback?

Looks like the cats meow for efi bikes[sm=interesting.gif]

Here is the link. http://www.thunder-max.com/

Old 07-23-2007, 04:18 PM
1200c
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Anybody got the Thunder max EFI auto tune system

Autotune devices are great for people that don't want to tune their stuff, but they tend to be pricey. You just have to consider if auto tuning is worth $870 vs. self-tuning at $300-450.

Old 07-23-2007, 04:19 PM
Road Head
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Mark g

Anybody got this system? Any feedback?

Looks like the cats meow for efi bikes[sm=interesting.gif]

Here is the link. http://www.thunder-max.com/
If you have the money, there is nothing better.

Old 07-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: 1200c

Autotune devices are great for people that don't want to tune their stuff, but they tend to be pricey. You just have to consider if auto tuning is worth $870 vs. self-tuning at $300-450.
Well, I'm thinking it could be more cost effective then running to the dealer everytime I make a mod for a download.
I also don't think anyone could program better then something that continually updates itself.

I'm guessing you don't have one?

Old 07-23-2007, 05:39 PM
1200c
Road Warrior

Well, I'm thinking it could be more cost effective then running to the dealer everytime I make a mod for a download.
I also don't think anyone could program better then something that continually updates itself.
Yes, if you plan to make lots of mods over time, then it would be cost effective because you could spend $200 each time to dyno tune it. Building engines in pieces if very expensive though. It's best to just build it all at once and then tune it.

As for something that continually updates itself being better: yes if it is implemented correctly. You have to make sure that whoever designed it made it auto adjust properly. Sometimes you get some small problems with something not adjusting properly in certain situations. Automatic stuff doesn't work perfectly all the time in every situation.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member

That's what's cool about this system,You can create maps That work for what you want to do that day. Not to mention it also allows you to adjust idle as needed, and set rev limit where you desire.

I was hoping to find some folks on here that have it installed and what they think.

I saw it being installed on a few bikes over the weekend at the carlisle bike show. I also got about all the help and info from the sales team there ,that anyone could ask for and then some! Which tells me this is a service oriented company. I have also had friend that have used hop up kits from their company and were very pleased.

I guess i'm gonna find out, I ordered it from my local independent parts dealer ,I'll have it thursday

Old 07-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Road Head
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Mark g

That's what's cool about this system,You can create maps That work for what you want to do that day. Not to mention it also allows you to adjust idle as needed, and set rev limit where you desire.

I was hoping to find some folks on here that have it installed and what they think.

I saw it being installed on a few bikes over the weekend at the carlisle bike show. I also got about all the help and info from the sales team there ,that anyone could ask for and then some! Which tells me this is a service oriented company. I have also had friend that have used hop up kits from their company and were very pleased.

I guess i'm gonna find out, I ordered it from my local independent parts dealer ,I'll have it thursday
I should know more tomorow. I'm going with a friend who is having one installed. I also have a resource for questions about these if you have any, but it sounds like you've done your homework.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member

Homework, Yes

But I'd still like to hear about it from a actual bike owner. So let me know what your buddy thinks,and if he saw any noticable improvements.

Thanks!