Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nightster , any good ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 01:31 AM
jono_1uk
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nightster , any good ?

so mine is now on order and as its a new model to the U.K , just wondering what u guys reckon to it ?
last sporty i had was a 2001 1200 custom and my last harley was a customised springer.
what are these rubber mounted sportsters like then ?

Old 07-23-2007, 01:43 AM
Dale Franks
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: nightster , any good ?

Well, I never rode one of the Sportsters with the frame-mounted engine, so I can't really give you a comparison. But my rear-view mirrors are clear as can be at 80MPH. I just don't notice a lot of vibration at any normal speed.

Old 07-23-2007, 02:44 AM
Superstylin
Cruiser

The Nightster is a slick bike. If the '07 was available here, I would have saved up the difference and got one instead of my bike. The rubber mounts are sweet. I don't notice any vibration on my bike.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:21 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I think the Nightster is a neat bike. It has the old school, chopper look to it. My style of riding, however, includes bags, windshield, etc. (more touring) and I think a set up like mine would look out of place on the Nightster. I have the Custom model.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:24 AM
3power
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw a Nightster on the road for the first time this past weekend - it was all black and looked totally bad a$$! If I were looking to buy a sporty now, it would be my choice.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Drodd8
Tourer

I have had my Nightster for about 3 weeks now. I am just about to the first 500 miles, so I'll be able to open it up a bit more soon. Keep in mind that this is my first bike. I love it, it handles really well. Acceleration is nice, and the breaks are at least good enough for everyday riding. The low center of gravity is very confidence inspiring. The stock seat and rear shocks leave something to be desired. Shocks bottom easily, and the seat has next to no padding thus transferring those hard hits right to the old ****. I am looking at replacing the shocks with Progressives, most likely the 412s and adding a Mustang seat. The bike is a lot of fun to ride. The only thing that I have added is a color matched headlamp visor to push some wind over me when riding on the interstate. It works pretty well and I like the look on the bike. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine. Hope this helps.

Old 07-23-2007, 02:01 PM
jono_1uk
6th Gear

thanks everybody , keep em coming !!!

Old 07-23-2007, 04:24 PM
BMC HOG
Stage IV

I am a new rider and bought a Nightster - all black. I only have 70 miles on it from my first few rides, but I love it. It's got the best looks, and although I don't have anything really to compare it to, I think it rides and handles great!

Here's mine:

More pics here: http://bmcbikers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7

Old 07-23-2007, 04:33 PM
dhc8guru
Tourer

I have had my Nightster since March 07.. 2000 miles on it...still wondering if I will everget tired of it..I don't think so. The seat will wear you down after a hundred miles of riding but you won't notice it because thenon-stop grinon your face will hurt more. Get a Gel seat cover and call it good. You may want to invest in the Alarm system..as I am sure it will be eyed by the bike thieves.
I have had no problems with the bike and it always runs flawless.
I guess you guys are getting the model with the license plate on the back of the fender rather than off to theside?If so..bummer.Its not a Ducati or aHonda superbike in the handling department but more of aTriumph Bonneville. First Harley? The Engine is without a doubt the best part of the bike.. therubber mounts are great! gives it a nice vibe at idle the quickly disappears as soon as youaccellerate. When you ride the Nightster you'll feel the strange need to beat someone up (LOL!)
Enjoy!

Old 07-23-2007, 04:45 PM
niterhyder
6th Gear

I think its a fun bike... It does nothing really well, suspension, brakes, comfort are all lacking, but the engine has a torquey fun feel to it. Its really small, lowand light, makin ita joyto ride.

Quick Reply: nightster , any good ?