Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for someone...Everyone Please Read

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 01:17 AM
saltlick
Road Warrior
Received 232 Likes on 175 Posts
Default RE: Looking for someone...Everyone Please Read

this doesnt have to do with your bike, but something similar.

i once worked on, and sold a 1974 CB550, had the bike all cafe'd out. It had the original orange sparkle gas tank, not a scratch on it. Took me a while but the thing was beautiful. 4 into 1 black exaust, clip on handlebars, everything about it was customed out and chopped. That thing was bad ***. Sold it one night to a forum member (not this forum) because my family was coming last, and needed to come first for a while, the only way i could stop working on it was to get rid of it. I was seriously obsessed with it. I put alot of blood, sweat and tears into that bike when it was gone it was like i lost a child. I missed that bike so bad.......

long story short, about 6 months later i got a ticket in the mail for $100 for that bike, the new ownerhad illegally parked it somewhere. They never registered it under thier name, it was still in mine. I contacted them and told them, they never responded to vmail or calls. I got ahold of the DMV and told them to take my name off the bike, i had sold it. Meanwhile i continued to get tickets for it, and the ******* that bought it never responded to me pleading him to register it. Well i thought to myself, guess ill just have to report that bike as stolen if hes gonna stick me with all the tickets and its still in my name. I called the courts to see what was up, to explain my story and they told me the bike had been in an accident, the dumbass crashed it and left it on the side of the road to die a horrible lonesome death. It had already been taken to the scrap yard it was so screwed up. [&o]

Sometimes its better not knowing what happened to your baby.........id give anything to go back in time.......