Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H.O.G. RIDERS DISRESPECTED

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 10:11 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: H.O.G. RIDERS DISRESPECTED

No, but theres a good chance they end up that way with no help from us.
ORIGINAL: New2Harley

hmm....alter your line just enough to make em go around, off the road, or (their fault), into the *** end of my bike?

Actually, I would have held my line and hoped to hell a moron didn't hit me. Just cuz they're stupid don't mean they need to be severely injured. OR does it?

Old 07-15-2007, 11:01 PM
DaveJ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: x2lee

I wouldnt want to ride tight with a group of hog riders! Scary just contemplating that...

ORIGINAL: ******

Tighten that group up and them guys couldn't run in and out like that, tight groups are sometimes safer!
LOL, you're right. Too many newbies on the HOG rides.

But to ******'s point, tight group's are typically safer. I try to avoid riding with people who lag behind and don't go through the stop signs with the group. Once the group gets split up the riders in the back lose touch with the leader, people get lost, cagers in the middle get nervous and therefore do even dumber things, etc.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:33 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree, tighten that group up.

But I've never had any problems with the sport bike riders in my area. It might help that I rode in a Patriot Guard funeral mission for a guy that was a member of the largest Sport bike Motorcycle Club in Middle TN. They all know me, and respect me.

If ya get to know them, most of them are ok folks. They just have a different idea of riding than we Harley riders.

I'm not saying I would tolerate the weaving in and out of a group like that. But since a lot of Harley riders are intolerant of other bike riders, it promotes this kind of disdain.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:28 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't know... don't think it would have bothered me at all...

I get passed all the time... people in a hurry to go no-where...

Go figure...

Charlie D.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:45 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

That was their sign language for: "Your formation is too sloppy" !!

Old 07-16-2007, 08:36 AM
TheKingsOutlaw
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dallastx

The side kick is in order, or a couple of fork mounted stun guns would do the trick.
I like the way you think, Dallas!

TKO

Old 07-16-2007, 10:33 AM
ionate
Road Captain

I usually do not let any attitudes bother me one bit while riding. This way, the joke is on them.

In this case it would have pissed me off bc of the safety aspect. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do (at least, while on the road), which is why they do it in the first place. Chances are they were in the next county by the time you were done even thinking about what just happened!

It's just as if they came up to you, threw mud in your face and then ran off real fast, scared and chicken.

Reminds me of young kids, which they probably were.

I use to have a dog while growing up that would bark like hell at cars and people since he felt safe in the backyard, behind the fence. I knew better bc when walking him around the neighborhood, he was a big wimp!

One day he was running up the fence line barking at someone until he realized the gate was open at the other end. He stopped abruptly and stood at the opened gate and kept barking, as if the gate was really closed.

All bark, no bite. Just like the rice burners.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:45 AM
ultraultra
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm afraid I would not have handled the situation in a non-violent manner.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:51 AM
LBussy
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: SportsterDude

Never fire a shot in anger..but,give it some thought.I think I'd have gotten a plate number and had it run,then made a stop by thier house later in the evening to "chat" with them boys about thier bad habits...and a change of attitude.Funny how having 25-30 REAL BIKERS show up on your doorstep changes someones perspective on life and death.
Where's a HOG member going to find 25-30 REAL BIKERS?

Old 07-16-2007, 10:56 AM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: RICHE

I went on a run with my local H.O.G. chapter today.There was about 25 of us,we were on the parkway doing 65 riding in staggered formation when two rice jockys came up from behind us going about 90 and started weaving in and out of are formation like we were cones in a parking lot.Well they pissed us off and could have caused a pile up.I just dont get it whats wrong with these idiots? If they want to kill them selfs fine but dont take us down too.Well needless to say our opinon of these rice riders has gone way down.
Although I think what those guys did was idiotic, not to mention downright dangerous ... One wrong move and it could have resulted in a catastrophe. Thatwas an act of aggression ... Not much different that waving a loaded gun in your face, and thinking that it's funny. In reality it's NOT funny at all. ... Having said that, though,I don't believe you can paint all "rice rocketeers" with one brush.

That is no worse than saying all Harley Riders are d!ckheadsfor one reason or another.

Quick Reply: H.O.G. RIDERS DISRESPECTED