Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mufflers. . . . . .

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 11:00 AM
molsenice
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Mufflers. . . . . .

bernie - good tip

racedvl - sounds like your gonna really make the bike yours and not worry about the warrenty - your choice, your scoot - keep us posted as to your progress, there are lotsa folks here than will willingly give you solid advice, sounds like your plans are gona make that bike Rock & Roll. As for my point I was triing to make, If you were going to think about working with the warrenty, you would either have to take it back to the dealer you bought it from (they sold it that way, with the warranty - they should honer it) or you would have to "keep it stock" (all harley stuff, installed by harley folks), yes the SEII's are covered by MOCO -IF a dealer installs - this way they get your coins. Thats the way it works in my neck of the woods, and my dealer has always been good by me.

Old 11-02-2005, 10:43 PM
racedvl
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, here is the way I'm thinking. I bought the bike used at a dealer that is not too close to me due to their large collection of used bikes. So the way I am thinking is if I do have any problems, I will just shrug and say, "I dunno, I just bought the bike the way it is". Because I plan on using the local deal for any service claims, due to them being less than a mile from home. Those cams must have been installed before the last owners traded it in. . . . . .

Old 11-03-2005, 09:00 PM
Bill in SC
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMHO... screw mufflers!!! (loud pipes DO save lives) and... screw the dealerships for service!! Dealerships really like to break it off in you with their service prices and ridiculously priced OEM parts. (just as car dealerships do). There are tons of extremely knowledgable Harley mechanics around that will help you with your jetting or any other service work you might need, very reasonably, and reliably. I'm sure that when I ride my new XL 1200R out of the Harley dealer's showroom, it will be the last time they ever get their greedy mitts on my scoot!!!! Once again, just MHO, but stated from YEARS or experience!! :-)
Bill in SC

Old 11-03-2005, 09:48 PM
molsenice
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bill - I wish you and anyone could have my dealership - McDerrmott's in Fort Ann, NY - you bet, at the moment, I am trully happy with them and the MOCO - as they have set me up good. But all along, I never blamed them, they were triing and things worked out for me - when my warrenty expires (in 2yrs) - I will look to do all work myself and after the 1K service (included with the bike) I am going to do my own maintanence and document everything - 06 service manual SANTA! - I'm with ya on the pipes and the price of the OEM parts - but I stuck with what the warrenty said and it paid off. My neighbor is an INDY mechanic - he explained that he could have saved me a few clams with the Stage 1 upgrade (125-175 less) - If I had let the cash stop me from going to the dealer - I would be [sm=headbang.gif] JMO
racedvl - It's your choice, work within the waranty (get it in writing - see if the removed baffles were noted on your sales or service record and your set) - or get it back into waranty specs before going to the closer dealer by e-baying some stock pipes (even SEII would need a dealer installed record, so you can't put these on yourself)- or frig the waranty - interesting situation, keep us updated