Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most comfortable touring seat for sportster

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 07:38 PM
Kem48
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Most comfortable touring seat for sportster

Hi all! LOVING my sportster 48. I mostly use it around town so I’m not trying to be delusional about using it for touring. But I’d like to get a seat that I can swap out as needed, that is great for all day runs and simply swap back out when not “touring” even if this doesn’t make sense, I’m just looking for recommendations on any seats that are comfortable on long trips.

Thoughts? PS, I’ve only tried the stock harley sportster seat and my current La Pera bare bones. Also if it matters, I don’t need 2 up. Just my own a$$.

Old 07-25-2019, 07:53 PM
blacktop37
Tourer
Received 122 Likes on 54 Posts

I am very happy with my Corbin. It is a little large but it makes it up with comfort. I couldn't get 50 miles on stock without a break, now can go till I have to fill up. It would be hard to change seats a lot because you have to add a small piece of hardware for the Corbin

Old 07-25-2019, 08:12 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member
Received 546 Likes on 465 Posts

Mustang Wide Vintage Solo is a popular touring seat...I've used this seat with backrest and it is very comfortable. The backrest really helps support the back and reduces fatigue. The backrest can be removed.

The most comfortable seat I've used is a pogo solo seat...something like this. So logically, a large spring solo seat would be similar....however, I've never used one on a sporty.

Old 07-25-2019, 09:10 PM
Kem48
Cruiser

Originally Posted by blacktop37
I am very happy with my Corbin. It is a little large but it makes it up with comfort. I couldn't get 50 miles on stock without a break, now can go till I have to fill up. It would be hard to change seats a lot because you have to add a small piece of hardware for the Corbin
Thanks! So before you couldn’t go 50 miles and now you can go till fill up (90 miles lol. Just kidding. I do love Corbin so I expect it’s pretty comfy! Thanks for the reply. Also, I LOVE your tank color.

Last edited by Kem48; 07-25-2019 at 09:14 PM.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:12 PM
Kem48
Cruiser

Originally Posted by hscic
Mustang Wide Vintage Solo is a popular touring seat...I've used this seat with backrest and it is very comfortable. The backrest really helps support the back and reduces fatigue. The backrest can be removed.

The most comfortable seat I've used is a pogo solo seat...something like this. So logically, a large spring solo seat would be similar....however, I've never used one on a sporty.

Super helpful thanks. The mustang looks good and I like how you can still use the fender rack. I have one of those too. Maybe I’ll look at the mustang.

Old 07-25-2019, 09:17 PM
Zateeva
Road Captain
Received 185 Likes on 148 Posts

a$$ size dont matter...touring is another debate, my buddy thinks touring is 20 miles highway ride to the other side of town, then 20 miles to the next town, then back home

then my other buddy rides 2k miles a week

your butt is your butt..........RIDE, then pick a seat

do you need a luggage rack to tour, that is the ? or is it

Old 07-25-2019, 10:15 PM
Kem48
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Zateeva
a$$ size dont matter...touring is another debate, my buddy thinks touring is 20 miles highway ride to the other side of town, then 20 miles to the next town, then back home

then my other buddy rides 2k miles a week

your butt is your butt..........RIDE, then pick a seat

do you need a luggage rack to tour, that is the ? or is it
Lol. True. I just want to be able to do a couple hundred miles in a day without too much issue.

Old 07-26-2019, 01:02 AM
Samrai309
Cruiser
Received 85 Likes on 59 Posts

I put a lucky Dave seat on recently . It's more comfortable than the stock seat but I really haven't had a chance to put many miles on it yet. Initial impression was that while comfortable, I did notice more pressure in the thigh area that made the underside strangely hotter than normal. Almost like my *** was falling asleep but it wasn't. I chalked it up to a pressure point but more riding will help me decide.

That Corbin picture in this thread is quite the *** cushion. That looks comfy.

The following users liked this post:
Kem48 (07-26-2019)
Old 07-26-2019, 01:04 AM
Rise_
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I was having the same issue, i tried a La Pera Backflip which had good reviews but it was not comfortable for me, now im waiting on the mustang wide vintage to see just how comfortable it is. Finding the right seat can be tedious as everyone is different.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:07 AM
Samrai309
Cruiser
Received 85 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Rise_
I was having the same issue, i tried a La Pera Backflip which had good reviews but it was not comfortable for me, now im waiting on the mustang wide vintage to see just how comfortable it is. Finding the right seat can be tedious as everyone is different.
I was looking at La Pera too when I was deciding. I don't remember seeing a Backflip. I was looking at a Kickflip before deciding on the Lucky Dave.

Quick Reply: Most comfortable touring seat for sportster