Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buyer's Remorse: RESOLVED!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Dale Franks
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Buyer's Remorse: RESOLVED!

I went back to thedealership today to look at other bikes. And when I did, I discovered that, for the money, the Sporty was a really good buy. To get all the mods I have on the Sporty would cost me a couple thousand more, for what would really be not that much more bike.

I guess I just needed to re-assure myself that I made the right decision. Having done so, and looked at the alternatives, I'm satisfied.

Maybe, when I'm ready for a bagger, I'll go back. Bu for now, I think I did OK.

I'll probably think that even more once I get through the break-in, and put a Stage 1 kit on the Sporty. The bike should really rock then.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Dale Franks
Road Captain
Default RE: Buyer's Remorse: RESOLVED!

Oh, I also took the sporty on the interstate for the first time (for about 2 miles), and got up to 70MPH briefly. It won't have any problem on the open road.

I'm happy.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:53 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Nothing wrong with a Sportster, and don't even think about trading it in if you don't have the current need for a larger bike.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:56 PM
scarygt
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend got a good corbin seat for his 1200c and put the quick release winshield on it. He went for a 380 mile ride with me the other day.. he had no complaints. The only thing he said is that he can't really go two up on it for much distance because the suspension isn't made for that. So I'd say if you are the only one riding that you'll be fine regardless of whatever distance you want to go.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:59 PM
jterp
Tourer

Glad it worked out for you.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:01 PM
randy78045
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The sportsters are cool regardless of what the riders of those slower harleys say...

Old 07-10-2007, 10:04 PM
DaveJ
Road Master

Glad you got it figured out. Now don't go back to the dealership ever again!
[align=left] [/align]

Old 07-10-2007, 10:05 PM
diablo666
Road Master

dale I was going to add something to your prior post but somethingkept telling me not to.i had a feeling you would get to know and love your bike like i do.Do I ever think about a different one?hell yes I do but people are never satisfied with what they have.They always want more or something different.If you did buy a Dyna you may be wishing for a Sporty now if you know what I mean.If you ever get near Pittsburgh Pa look me up I will ride with you.I knnow that is a hell of a cruise from where you are at though.I must sayI like the new rocker but it is out of my reach right now.Maybe someday but my Sporty takes good care of me for now.It's the second one I bought brand new.My wife also has one so the fun is doubled.Ride free my freind and your bike doesn't look like a bagger to me but a well equipped freind that travels with you.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Dale Franks
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: diablo666

dale I was going to add something to your prior post but somethingkept telling me not to.i had a feeling you would get to know and love your bike like i do.Do I ever think about a different one?hell yes I do but people are never satisfied with what they have.They always want more or something different.If you did buy a Dyna you may be wishing for a Sporty now if you know what I mean.If you ever get near Pittsburgh Pa look me up I will ride with you.I knnow that is a hell of a cruise from where you are at though.I must sayI like the new rocker but it is out of my reach right now.Maybe someday but my Sporty takes good care of me for now.It's the second one I bought brand new.My wife also has one so the fun is doubled.Ride free my freind and your bike doesn't look like a bagger to me but a well equipped freind that travels with you.
Don't even TALK about the rocker. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't exist. I never saw it. Ever.

Because if I did admit it, I would have to have one NOW!

There IS no Rocker.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:13 PM
machpilot
Road Captain

i had the same concern, but you have a blank canvas,,,,not much you cant do with the sporty.....yeah touring may be a different way of thinking...but i can honestly say im not getting rid of mine....i can see adding a Road King to my stable but the sporty ill keep for easy commutes....poker runs...and just plain fun....1st Sporty i ever rode is the one i bought.....i had a serious wake up call....especialy when i let the clutch out a tad fast and the bike almost threw me off the back.....now with the cycle shack pipes.....hehe.....it feels and sounds like a bad *** bike.....im diggin it...

enjoy

Quick Reply: Buyer's Remorse: RESOLVED!