Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buyer's Remorse: RESOLVED!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 11:09 PM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Buyer's Remorse: RESOLVED!

God that's a sweet Mach 1!!!!! I'm never selling my Sportie!! I may get another bike one day, but doubt it. My 883got methrough hell and back and ran like a champ. 437 miles of freezing rain. I put 4000 miles on that bike in 3 months. My current bike is awesome. About to hit 2500 in 3 months. Awesome bike! I love it!

Old 07-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Wolhar
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones, I bought a 883C and have never had second thoughts, considered the 1250 kit, once I get all the goody out of the 883, which looks to be several k down the road!

Old 07-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member

Well Rusty, You just got a sweet bike bro!

Old 07-10-2007, 11:35 PM
machpilot
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Dallas im quite fond of my Mach, had her since 1984 and restored 2003. according to the wife....im forbidden to sell her....not that i would anyway....

Old 07-10-2007, 11:47 PM
toemoss
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dale Franks

ORIGINAL: diablo666

dale I was going to add something to your prior post but somethingkept telling me not to.i had a feeling you would get to know and love your bike like i do.Do I ever think about a different one?hell yes I do but people are never satisfied with what they have.They always want more or something different.If you did buy a Dyna you may be wishing for a Sporty now if you know what I mean.If you ever get near Pittsburgh Pa look me up I will ride with you.I knnow that is a hell of a cruise from where you are at though.I must sayI like the new rocker but it is out of my reach right now.Maybe someday but my Sporty takes good care of me for now.It's the second one I bought brand new.My wife also has one so the fun is doubled.Ride free my freind and your bike doesn't look like a bagger to me but a well equipped freind that travels with you.
Don't even TALK about the rocker. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't exist. I never saw it. Ever.

Because if I did admit it, I would have to have one NOW!

There IS no Rocker.

Sorry but the Rocker is awful looking. My personal opinion is someone is going to get fired over that bike. But opinions are like a-holes everyones got one and they all stink. Now the Fatbob that is a sweet looking bike, I am even considering getting one, thats saying alot for me cause I am a cheap skate. [sm=guilty.gif]

Old 07-10-2007, 11:47 PM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member

Really? I always thought when you get married, you loose yur nuts. Must have a great wife bro!

Old 07-11-2007, 03:14 AM
Teek
Road Warrior

I couldn't stand it any more. I broke down and jumped through the hoops to post a few comments on your blog. First one might have been a little long, though. The others are shorter. Justcomparing my very limited experience with yours is all. And you are doing pretty well, imho.

Teek

Old 07-11-2007, 03:23 AM
jwb47
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Dale Franks

Oh, I also took the sporty on the interstate for the first time (for about 2 miles), and got up to 70MPH briefly. It won't have any problem on the open road.

I'm happy.
you aint seen nothing yet. get it broke in good, then point it in the wind and let the throttle out that will take care of any buyer remorse you ever had.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:31 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can make a Sportster what you want... sure there is some drawbacks... but for the money... it's hard to beat...

Charlie D.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:55 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: dbleagle

You can make a Sportster what you want... sure there is some drawbacks... but for the money... it's hard to beat...

Charlie D.
You're right. That's one of the beauties of the Sportster. I made mine into a mini-Road King. I take 2-4 day runs about every month or month and a half. I have the quick detach windshield, crash bars, H.D. leather bags and the mini rail and back rest for tying down additional luggage.

It can be whatever you want it to be.

Quick Reply: Buyer's Remorse: RESOLVED!