Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hmph ....

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 05:33 PM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hmph ....

Just looked at the poll on "what kind of sporty" do people ride ... I had kinda been thinking I was in the wrong forum .. now I understand why ... I see I'm in the right one, but it sure doesn't help my "I only have a little bike" syndrome.(883 Low) to see most of you all are riding 1200's. Well, it's what I could afford (barely), and I do love it (it's been not quite 2 months now since I got her) and it fits me (I need a low bike, not too wide, either). But those 2008's do start me to daydreaming of the day .........

Old 07-10-2007, 05:36 PM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts
Default RE: Hmph ....

Ride with pride man, lots of people in the world would give anything to switch places with you!

Old 07-10-2007, 05:39 PM
randy78045
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remember...da fat boys need a fat bike... dey cant run with da sportsters...

[sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 07-10-2007, 05:46 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Perch

Just looked at the poll on "what kind of sporty" do people ride ... I had kinda been thinking I was in the wrong forum .. now I understand why ... I see I'm in the right one, but it sure doesn't help my "I only have a little bike" syndrome.(883 Low) to see most of you all are riding 1200's. Well, it's what I could afford (barely), and I do love it (it's been not quite 2 months now since I got her) and it fits me (I need a low bike, not too wide, either). But those 2008's do start me to daydreaming of the day .........
You are one of the few people on here that have not had to run out, trade in the sportster and get a bigger bike to try to keep your ego up or impress your friends. Be pround about that!

Old 07-10-2007, 05:47 PM
Superstylin
Cruiser

Hey - I'm a fat boy and I ride a 883! I must confess though, that I will be doing the conversion when she goes in for the first service.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:50 PM
randy78045
Big Kahuna HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Superstylin

Hey - I'm a fat boy and I ride a 883! I must confess though, that I will be doing the conversion when she goes in for the first service.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:53 PM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: wbogley

ORIGINAL: Perch

You are one of the few people on here that have not had to run out, trade in the sportster and get a bigger bike to try to keep your ego up or impress your friends. Be pround about that!
HA! I keep reminding myself of the statement I made to a friend before I bought my "little" Sportster that when the time came that I could buy a new bike (which I didn't expect would be now) ... I wasn't going to be pressured into buying a bike too big for me, more than what I need or can handle. And so I didn't. (Well ... actually I DID ... I went from 800 cc to 883cc's ). And Hotlap, you are right, I also have to remember that yes, there are a lot of people that would like to switch places. SO thanks wbogley and Hotlap, for helping me remember I'm fortunate, and that I don't have to play "keep up with the Joneses". I will now go out and look at my month and half old Sporty and promise to lover her for a long, long time.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Wolhar
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought my 883C because thats what I wanted, I just couldn't see why I needed a bigger Bike. I mean I rode a 400 Yammer for years, years ago, even 2 up. So when I decided I wanted a new Bike after not having one for several years, I just knew a 883 would do all I wanted. Especially when I had no plans to ride 2 up, the Wife has to many health concerns to ride any more.
After 2 years of ownership, I still feel the same as I did the Day I bought it, anything more would have been money wasted.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:36 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I ride an 883L. Clicked over 20,000 miles on her today, after 15 months together. I want a larger bike, but even more strongly, I don't want to part with my Sporty.

Ride safe and enjoy!

Old 07-10-2007, 08:44 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I sit in my chair in front of the computer, I dream of a bigger bike. When I saddle up,crack open the throttle and hang on for dear life, I love this Sporty.

Quick Reply: Hmph ....