Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beginner Rider Here!!!! Assistance anyone???

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 03:44 PM
DCSportster
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Beginner Rider Here!!!! Assistance anyone???

Thanks for the info, glad for the feedback. Most people when I tell them I'm buying a bike they tell me of all these horror stories about how they know someone who got into a major accident on a bike, and warn me about falling off on a replaced hip. Its good to finally hear from positive bike riders.

Thanks BDavis, I love the Nightsters look, but I'm afraid of the novelty running out quick, your 1200C is slick, I think thats the way I'm going.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Superstylin
Cruiser

DC - don't listen to the anti bike stuff. Just ride safe and within your limits and you'll be fine. You only live once!

Old 07-11-2007, 08:23 PM
ckutscher
Stage IV

You will be much happer with the 1200C when it comes time to customize and make it you oun.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup!

Old 07-11-2007, 11:09 PM
EzRyder
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: DCSportster

Quick question, does anyone know if and how I'll be comfortable riding those Buell bikes in The Rider's Edge course. Thanks in Advance.

I took the Rider's Edge course last May and the Buell with mid controls was a good training bike. FYI - I'm 5'10", 178 Lbs, and 54. Mid controls are great for short, fast rides with lot turns. Right now my "training" jap bike has mid-controls and I feel like I am on a trike at times. I have only been out for 2 hours at a time, but that is enough. I am glad that I purchased the training bike, I learned to ride on this bike. The Rider's Edge course taught me how to learn to ride (hard to learn to ride at 12 mph). A couple of times I nearly did something dumb but having a light weight bike was a plus.

I am now shopping for Harley -- either 1200R on which I will pull forward controls or 1200C.Going to the deal when I get time. 3 late night at work in arow. Time for a break.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Most people when I tell them I'm buying a bike they tell me of all these horror stories about how they know someone who got into a major accident on a bike, and warn me about falling off on a replaced hip.

I heard those stories also. I have 4 bad disks and three surgeries.

F*** those people and their stories.

Bike's are dangerous, that's why I ride them.

If I have to explain it to someone, then abviously they don't understand.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:15 AM
EzRyder
Cruiser

Thanks for the info, glad for the feedback. Most people when I tell them I'm buying a bike they tell me of all these horror stories about how they know someone who got into a major accident on a bike, and warn me about falling off on a replaced hip. Its good to finally hear from positive bike riders.

Yea, horror stories. Sh*t happens everyday to someone. April 06 my wife was starting (on her own) a 3 week trip in Tanzania (East Africa) when while hiking with the bush people she broke her leg several miles from the vehicle. With lots of help from the guide and visits to 4 different hospitals she was able to continue on the trip. She did finish the trip, though the itinerary was different than original planned.

I started riding 2 months ago, after not doing it for 20-30 years [don't ask why I was so stupid to delay], and am enjoying the time on bike.

Ride, enjoy, ride safe. And do what you want.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:39 AM
mastergenie
6th Gear

Good decision on the 1200C.For comfort, think about changing vthe seat to a Sundowner, and also the rear suspension to progressives perhaps...

Old 07-12-2007, 05:24 AM
MidWest XL
Tourer

I agree with old fender guy. Wait and get what you want or you're always be kicking yourself...
I also agree with othes that the Ns newness will wear off soon and they will be all over the place. Get your Custom and "customize" it to your liking. It's more fun that way, LOL.

Mine started out as (well I guess it still is) a Custom, but after a couple of years doesn't look anything like it did.

Before:

After:

Old 07-12-2007, 06:52 AM
EzRyder
Cruiser

Like the look. What did you do? Black pipes, .. Sharp!!

Quick Reply: Beginner Rider Here!!!! Assistance anyone???