Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buyer's Remorse?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 07:42 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Buyer's Remorse?

No one gets a guarantee that every decision they make will be the right one. Enjoy what you got and when finances allow, get another bike. Who knows, by then you might have changed your mind again!!!!!!

Old 07-10-2007, 07:59 AM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A motorcycle wont fill a void in your life, extra parts and upgades wont either, and harley clothes wont do the trick. Now if I could just firgure that out for myself maybe I would stop spending so much of my money.

I dont know what else to say except that I am not really talking to you, but to myself. I have a great job, abeautiful house, a loving wife, a sailboat,great kids, the list goes on forever, i live in america...

and still Im never satisfied....

an american epidemic?

please dont take this post as a cutdown towards you, I almost deleted it after the first few lines, like I said its more about me.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:00 AM
3power
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Every year there is some new or updated bike that I lust for . . it's part of being a motorcyclist - lol. But I think the Sporty makes the perfect all around bike (unless you ride 2 up). It's more nimble than the big twins and just feels much quicker - those twincams are powerful, but they feel sluggish to me. Have yourself a couple of nice long rides with your bike. As you get to know her, you won't want her to leave.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:51 AM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dale Franks

I've had my 1200C for over a week now, and put 530 miles on it. I ride it everywhere I can. And yet...

I went into the dealership this afternoon for a minute, and I took another look at the Dynas.

*sigh*

Now, I'm kinda wishing I bought one of them, instead. They've got a Street Bob for $14.3k (I live in CA, so the sticker prices are a bit higher). It sure feels nice when you sit on it.

They've also got a used 2005 Road King Police with 30k miles on it--with the department's radio rack still installed on the back, and still painted black & white--for $11,900. I kinda like it, too.

Oh, well, I guess it's too late to worry about it now.
I have one of each. I am into the older bikes, but have no interest in the new Dynas. I think people convince themselves they need to upgrade to a dyna, rather then really need it. If you look at the specs, sportsters and dynas are almost the exact size, however the sportster is taller and the dyna is wider.

However, the HD touring bikes aregreat. If you are going to dump the sporty for very little, I would go to a touring bike and be done with it.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:10 AM
jterp
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look at it this way, you can beat the hell out of the sportster for a year or two then move up to a softail rocker. Everyone who buys a street bob now will be wishing they waitedto getthe rocker instead.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:55 AM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I had not rode a bike for 25 years. The size of the Sporty was the draw for me. It was my plan to ride it for about a year, then most likely trade it for a larger bike. Then after about 3 months and over 4,000 miles, I came across a really good deal on a Softail Standard. I almost made that trade, but decided to stick to my original plan, and trade in the Spring of 07, probably for a RoadKing.

I continued to ride the Sporty practically everywhere, everyday. Even in the snow a couple of times. As my time frame for trading bike approached I began to look at my Sporty and realize I just can't part with that bike. I tried to talk the wife into me having 2 bikes, and so far I haven't been successful. Sometime today, the Sporty will click over 20,000 miles. I love that bike! I would love to have a larger bike. But I'm just NOT gonna trade my Sporty. At least not anytime soon.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:56 AM
Lewd_Dude
Road Master

I am thinkin' maybe get the wife to ride the nightster(so I can keep it) and get the FatBob!

Old 07-10-2007, 11:58 AM
seikan1
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See, I don't look at it as buyer's remorse. I look at it as what I want next. I love my sporty and hope to keep it (although that new rocker looks mighty good). I want to have at least two or three Harleys. I want my sporty, a RK and maybe a vrod (or the new rocker). I can't seem to get enough....but my wallet can't handle it!

Old 07-10-2007, 12:47 PM
BWLucky13
Road Master

I've never liked parting with a bike. Loved them all. But, you come to realize that you can love a bike without owning it. And, there is no perfect bike. Just riding is most of the fun. A friend once told me to buy a boat based on howI would use it 90% of the time, and to forget what I might do 10% of the time. That's pretty good advice for bikes, too.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:52 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Previous Rides: Puch, Vespa, Triumph, Suzuki, Yamaha

I wouldn't have had any trouble parting company with any of those bikes.

Quick Reply: Buyer's Remorse?