Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker = Badass!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 10:11 PM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Rocker = Badass!

Pass on both the new ones. Other than the increased interest they will generate I have to call both efforts "Good initiative, poor judgment."

I look at the Rocker as a conversation piece designed to get people into the showroom to buy if not just to see one in person. It'll bring the loyalists as well as attract a new group of riders wanting Harley but not a traditional design. Think VRod. A few rhetorical questions for the Rocker crowd... What if the stock seat feels like every other stock HD seat? Will Mustang or Corbin make a replacement any time soon? If so, think it'll be under $1000? Corbin's average seat price now (for a conventional seat) is something like $500-600. What about bags, sissybar/backrest? You are not taking any big road trips on this bike. Bottom line I think the Rocker is their loss leader this year. They'll lose money in it but will make up for it with good marketing feedback that can be used for future years, as well as boost sales on other models.

The Fatbob looks confused to me. It's like someone couldn't decide which direction to go; Fatboy or Streetbob. You've all seen bikes like that. Someone tries real hard to make their bike look unique and subsequently screws it up. It looks unique but in a bad way, leaving people who see it with a WTF?!? thought in their head. Case in point right here. The Fatbob looks like the offspring of a Basset/Lab love affair.

Then again, anything that offers people an alternative to the Night Train is a good thing. The Train is a really nice ride but it has been way oversold and has become Harley's Rice Krispy treat.

Time will tell for sure but my prediction is that neither model will last more than three years.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:58 PM
NightHawkHD
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,
I like the straight Rocker as opposed to the C. Passenger seat is just too weird. I really like the new FatBob and, yes, I like the dual headlight setup and I'm one of those old farts that should be going traditional![8D] But then I think the V-Rod is pretty sweet as well. Too many toys and no money!!
John

Old 07-12-2007, 12:29 AM
eggroll
Road Master

I thought the standard looked good; nice job making the rear fender move with the wheel. The custom, however; hmmm. I definitely don't like the seat, no matter how James Bond-y it is. If you want to pack some stuff, it'll have to be in a backpack, but that's cool. I'd take it out for a long trip (if any Harley reps are reading this, please note that I am a very conscientious rider).

Old 07-12-2007, 01:08 AM
luckystrike07
Advanced

Not like you couldn't keep the passenger seat tucked away? The Custom has more chrome....hmmm[sm=confused06.gif]

Hey....check out the rear view of the Rocker... What's that under the seat? Cushion for the pushin?

Old 07-12-2007, 01:14 AM
spaniardguy102
Cruiser

Yeah try getting a girl to ride on that backseat!...then again[8D]

Old 07-19-2007, 08:39 AM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey. I went to go look on-line at the Fat Bob. On H-D's website, it look's like they airbrushed out the Dyna "skidplate" in the "360" degree view...at least on the FatBob and Low Rider. Looks nice without it.....little things you know.