Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dallastx

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 12:43 AM
Wolhar
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Dallastx

ORIGINAL: Dallastx

That's great! My 74 year old dad and I don't have those conversations. He just keeps apologizing for buying a Honda bagger.
He could tell you what I tell Matt from time to time when I want to get him real good. I tell him "You do know I had relations with yer Momma last night right?"gets him off my *** ever time! hhahahahha

Old 07-08-2007, 02:42 AM
wannahdawg
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey, why didn't yall invite me to the party. i might be on a geezer glide but your old asses are already in the bed. and about the big bike thing, ****** you're just jealous that mine's bigger than your's. i like sporty's, they're good for around town and all day rides too. just not all day ride's back to back to back. so what, i got cruise control, radio, cd player, windscreen, and enough vinyl to put on a house. i'm dry in the rain, loud in a quiet neighborhood (and it ain't loud pipes-it's speakers from J&M), no throttle wrist aches, and my butt doesn't hurt from saddle sores, and i bring my stuff neatly in a box on my bike. without having 50 bungee cords holding a backpack. oh yeah what were you gonna do with that carton of cigs that you bought while we were out riding? oh yeah my vinyl house brought it home for you, in one piece, not crushed.

peace,

wanna

ps baggers are the best looking bikes from harley.had to throw that in there for dallas.

Old 07-08-2007, 01:55 PM
eggroll
Road Master

MESSAGE FROMCOMMANDER EGGROLL:

To the brave men and womenof the Sportster Forum:

I've just returned from the battlefront and have nothing good to report. The fight has taken an ugly turn, with much dissing, backpedaling and full frontal assaults taking place. I know your training has taught you much, but nothingcan or willprepare you for the carnage you will witness when you arrive there. Be strong! Be brave!! Fight the good fight, my little hogs. And, should you go down under the wheels of our adversary, don't go crying to the moderator; take your lumps and go down flaming!

Into the fray, my soldiers!! If you need me, I'll be over here having an espresso and maple nut scone.

-Commander Eggroll

Old 07-08-2007, 03:43 PM
OldDays_OldWays
Advanced

[quote]ORIGINAL: Dallastx
I did. It was one of those speak before thinking deals. I have no excuse. I just did a stupid post without thinking.
[/quote]

I just read your post over in the Softail forum and I don't see anything wrong with it. All I see is a guy who's proud of his ride. It's not like you said Sporty's were the best looking of all Harleys, all you said was they look sweet.

I ride a RK Classic because I "window shopped" for about 12 years before I bought my Harley, and that's the bike that spoke to me the most. My wife rides an '06 cobalt blue XL1200C similar to yours (actually, Dale Franks is almost an exact match) and I often find myself looking at her bike and thinking man, that is a sweet looking bike. She's into the flames collection so they make it look even better.

RKC is the bike for me, but I think we can all appreciate other Harleys too. The resulting flame-fest was pretty funny, though!

Old 07-08-2007, 04:04 PM
Wolhar
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: OldDays_OldWays
. The resulting flame-fest was pretty funny, though!

For the most part it was supposed to be funny, sorry some missed the Humor of it all, glad to see you enjoyed the entertainment

Old 07-08-2007, 04:10 PM
XL1200N
Road Master

ORIGINAL: ******

ORIGINAL: OldDays_OldWays
. The resulting flame-fest was pretty funny, though!

For the most part it was supposed to be funny, sorry some missed the Humor of it all, glad to see you enjoyed the entertainment
These type of threads can take a bad turn real quick, I think we have 5 or 6 going between the Sportsters and the Softails, I'm going for a ride, keep it fun

Brian

Old 07-08-2007, 04:59 PM
Hammer02
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I told you this before, nice train Bill..
Thanks Dallas...same backatcha. I don't that color blue on many sporties around here.

Most of them are a much lighter blue.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was thinking about going with a softail standard for bike number 2. You did an awesome job lowering the train. I figure the softail is a train with chrome.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:23 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I was thinking about going with a softail standard for bike number 2. You did an awesome job lowering the train. I figure the softail is a train with chrome.
The Softail Standards are great bikes, and I know quite a few guys that have them. Many people consider them the "entry level Softails", but I really like the Standards.

I had a chance last year to pick one up at a super low price, and the only thing that stopped me was the 'silver engine'.

I know it's dumb, but all my Harley's have had the 'black and chrome' engines which I think look great, and I just couldn't get past the silver engine on the Standard.

Oh well. LoL...

Old 07-08-2007, 11:29 PM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I saw that post but didn't think it was a big deal..Dallas just mentioned how much he likes the Sportster.

I wouldn't worry about it D - I too havemade a DAP mistake here or there and regretted it the next morning...

DAP=Drinking And Posting

Quick Reply: Dallastx