Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have pics of Nightster with Stripper or Sidekick??

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 08:15 PM
bilgil
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone have pics of Nightster with Stripper or Sidekick??

They dealer had a 2007 Sportster seat left over from someone and sold it to me for $75.00. It is better than the original seat.[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 07-27-2007, 07:20 AM
levi
Intermediate

I ended up just ordering the Sidekick Custom seat from Surdyke. I just got it yesterday and it looks great! Looks very comfy and the leather is very soft. I think it will feel a bit better on the back side than the solo that came with the bike.

I'll get some pictures posted next week when i get it mounted perminantly. I'm still waiting on my passenger pegs, so when I get it all mounted up, I'll snap some shots and post them.

Old 07-27-2007, 08:50 AM
Drodd8
Tourer

The Stripper looks pretty good on the 1200N. I was going to go with a Mustang vintage solo and pillion, but I may have to go this route instead. Be interested to see the Sidekick on levi's bike.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:09 AM
levi
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: Drodd8

The Stripper looks pretty good on the 1200N. I was going to go with a Mustang vintage solo and pillion, but I may have to go this route instead. Be interested to see the Sidekick on levi's bike.
I also love the look of the stripper on the nightster, but my old back needs a bit of support these days, and i'm not sure that the stripper would do much. we'll just see how this one breaks in. i'm also going to have forward controls as soon as they come in, so that will change my posture a little too, and force me back in the seat a little more. all that will play a part in the comfort. in the looks department, this seat looks pretty cool on the bike. will post pics on monday!

Old 07-29-2007, 11:03 AM
Drodd8
Tourer

I am hearing that the stripper isn't so comfy. How is the ride on the sidkick?

Old 07-29-2007, 05:47 PM
levi
Intermediate

Here are the pics... I don't have the passenger pegs on yet, and haven't had a chance to take it out and ride it yet, so I can't address the comfort question for Drodd8... I will know soon enough though... will be taking it out in about an hour.

Old 07-29-2007, 07:55 PM
Drodd8
Tourer

Looks sweet, and also looks to be a bit more padding than the stock solo.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:07 PM
levi
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: Drodd8

Looks sweet, and also looks to be a bit more padding than the stock solo.
Yes, it seems like it's got a bit more padding than the stocker and doesn't feel as hard... although my ride tonight wasn't more than about 30 minutes. It also still seems 'deep dished' enough to keep the same posture and feel as the bike promotes. The leather cover also has a bit more 'grip' than the stock solo seat. I didnt' seem slide around as much.

I will have a passenger's review of the seat by the end of the week and will post her opinions.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Docholliday88
Novice

if ya'll are wonedering about the V&H shortshots staggered I have them on my '06 1200R and they look and sound awesome. very loud, and give it that harley sound. much better than my stock exhaust.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:02 AM
levi
Intermediate

after a few 1-2 hour rides with a passenger, the report from the 'rear' is that the seat is very comfortable. of course, the bike itself isn't the smoothest ride on the bumpy roads (due to the stiff suspension), but overall butt comfort for the passenger is quite nice. keep in mind the girl doing the reporting isn't very big. but not super tiny either. if you put your thumbs together, fold in the next 3 fingers and stretch out your pinky's (the international sign for measuring butts), her butt is about that wide. so she's not a large girl, but still not super tiny either and she was very comfortable riding on the sidekick custom.

i also have the harly 'short' removable backrest (pictured below - minus the rack), which as she said "isn't necessary" but was very comfortable on her lower back and made her feel more secure on the back of the bike.

overall report, is that i would recommend this seat to anyone looking for 2-up riding but doesn't want to give up the low/sleek look of the nightster.

and lastly, i ordered the passenger pegs to match the front pegs of the nightser, so all 4 pegs match. i think it looks pretty sweet and was worth the $ to get them to match. of course, i don't have any pictures of those or the backrest on the bike, so i will post some when i can.

Quick Reply: Anyone have pics of Nightster with Stripper or Sidekick??