Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time to go!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 11:44 AM
GrovenSportster
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Time to go!

Well my stay was fun while it lasted! But ****** locked a thread that was dying anyway. Too bad such a good sight has to be so restricted! Well, maybe I can find a Harley sight that is not so anally retentive. Toodles! Oh, and if I can't figure out how to remove myself from the members list, please do so for me Admin..

Old 07-05-2007, 11:55 AM
squintbo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Time to go!

Someone get their panties in a wad?

Old 07-05-2007, 11:58 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I didn't know what's going on but as long as we talk nicely and follow the forum rules, you will not be banned. ****** does his duty I guess, never happen to me......it could be just me?

Old 07-05-2007, 12:09 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Some people don't realize that Internet Forum's aren't "public domain" where they can set their own rules and do whatever they want.

Internet domain's are established (usually for a monthly fee depending on size, bandwidth used, etc.), and registered to a specific 'owner'.

Owners of internet forums have every right to establish their own rules and regulations, and if I'm not mistaken new registered users are required to read and understand these regulations as part of their signup procedure.

If you violate the established rules you can be subject to suspension, or you can be banned.

End of story.

That being said, I 'own' my own internet domain, and I pay a monthly fee for the the space and bandwidth.

Anyone else can do the same, so they are free to purchase their own domain, set up their own Forum, and establish rules and procedure to their liking.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:13 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Bye, ******'s got my support.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:30 PM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I for one would be sorry to see you go Groven. I think that you and I were pretty much on the same page: bikes and hot babes and all [8D] An honest question here though.... What type of pics are inappropriate for the forum? I was honestlytrying to abide by the guidelines of no nudity. Now I am a little hesitant to post ANY babe pics. I need to understand the restrictions better, in order to make my own decision on whether or not to stay.

Old 07-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Wolhar
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I locked a DYING thread and someone gets pissed, first time that has ever happened. I let the thread run it's course, I made the judegemnt call that all that could be said, had beeen said and let the thread Stand until it reached that point. I guess I could have locked it at the very hint of trouble, but I let it ride, let it run it course. If that is reason enough to make you decide to leave, all I can say is don't let the door bump ya in the *** on the way out. HDK, I suggested you read the Forum rules for Pics, I aint postin 'em all over again for ya, read 'em fer yerself, andI have not deleted any pic you have posted, does that tell ya anything?
Thanks for the support fellas!

Old 07-05-2007, 01:33 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

ORIGINAL: HighDesertKid

I for one would be sorry to see you go Groven. I think that you and I were pretty much on the same page: bikes and hot babes and all [8D] An honest question here though.... What type of pics are inappropriate for the forum? I was honestlytrying to abide by the guidelines of no nudity. Now I am a little hesitant to post ANY babe pics. I need to understand the restrictions better, in order to make my own decision on whether or not to stay.
This is only my opioion and not necessarily that of the forum owners or other members.

First and foremost I come here to ask questions and exchange ideas, problems and experiences as related to bikes, specifically Harleys. While many of us enjoy entertaining posts and comments that diverge from the primary focus of the forum, I wouldnot stay around long if the forums primary focus shifted to that of a general (teenage) chat room. If I just wanted to BS online there are thousands of other chat rooms on the net that are there to serve that purpose.

A recent poll here shows that 66% of the members here are 35+ years old. It would be easy to assume that the majority of this group have matured, are or have been married, many have kids, and most are leading responsible adult lives. Yes, we still know what a "hot babe" is but most of us have gotten past making fools of ourselves over them. Yes we still enjoy a nice pic of a good looking women straddeling a Harley as well as the next guy but we don't want to see the forum degraded to the point that the older, wiser, experienced Harley riders decide to leave because the forum turns into another useless adolescent chat room.

Edited: Sorry women, I didn't intend to make this sound like it was a male onlyviewpoint.

Old 07-05-2007, 01:36 PM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior

I did read the rules ******... Yes, I figured you would have deleted them if they were inappropriate. The guy really ticked me off.... Course I had a few beers that night too... so lol.... No, I understood the reason for the thread lock... The "edited" version of my message didn't sit too well with me. That just seemed like unnecessary ridicule. But that is your right as moderator. I do apologize again for my part in the drama.

Old 07-05-2007, 01:39 PM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior

oops, just read your other message ******... Done deal... No more talk about it I promise

Quick Reply: Time to go!